Author Topic: Monday, Dec. 12, 2016  (Read 793 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, Dec. 12, 2016
« on: December 12, 2016, 08:05:43 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, Dec. 12, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »
Good morning!

I've got big plans for today and this week!  I'm hoping to finish all the Christmas shopping this week.  We've got some fun family activities planned so I'm looking forward to that.

Today I WILL conquer my laundry piles!  Even though I say every day that I need to do laundry, to be honest, a lot of the time I don't get to it.  So I have decided that today is the day every item of clothing will be washed, dried, and put away.  I don't care if it's the only thing I accomplish--it WILL be done!

While loads are going, I will clean up the house.

This afternoon I need to pick up my daughter from school to take her to the bank.  She just opened an account but her debit card isn't working so we need to get that resolved.  Then I'll drop her off at work.  Tonight we're gathering with some friends to do a Christmas scavenger hunt.  It's an annual thing that we do and it's a lot of fun. 

We had a fun weekend.  Friday night we went to the wedding reception of one of the young ladies that was in the young women group I used to work with.  She was a beautiful bride and her husband is quite handsome!  :D  Saturday was the Relief Society Christmas social.  We had a great time--our fun activity was a sock exchange.  We actually put on the socks and took a picture--that was quite fun!  Saturday night I had a group of friends over--we haven't had a girls night out in AGES and it was so great to have a night of girl talk.  Yesterday we had church, then afterward we went to my sister's home (about 30 minutes away) for my family's Christmas party.  The cousins do a gift exchange.  Nathan got a really cool remote control car--it's called a "lunar" car because the wheels can rotate in different directions so it can climb over obstacles.  It was so funny to watch.  Even my husband and teenage son played with it!  There's a kid in all of us--maybe I'll get each male in my house his own RC car!  ;D

We had rain most of the day on Saturday so that really cleaned up the air.  Now it's a crisp, cold morning. 

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Dec. 12, 2016
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »
Oh My Goodness! Where has the morning gone???

Merilee: sounds like you had a really nice weekend! Hope you get all of your laundry done.

We too had a nice weekend. Not much on Friday. Saturday, hubby & I went shopping a bit and then to the movies. We saw "Loving". It was a good story, but kind of vague. There were a lot of nuances that you had to kind of figure out on your own. Not enough dialogue in my opinion, but overall pretty good.
We watched a couple of movies Saturday night in, so that was nice too.

Yesterday we stayed home. We were planning on going to church in the morning, but the snow had come in and roads were not in good shape. We had a big breakfast, and then watched football, ate homemade tacos for a late lunch/early dinner, and then just kind of worked on projects we each have going.

I started laundry yesterday, but  didn't get it all done, so that is on my list for today. I just have some bedding to wash and then dry the load that's in the washer & fold the load in the dryer, so not really that much.

I worked on updating some information for hubby this morning. (probably why my morning flew by).
The snowstorm has hit West Michigan hard. We got about 14 inches over the weekend, and most schools are closed today.
Not my favorite season, but it is pretty to look at from inside. I don't  have anywhere to go for a couple of days, and am happy for that. Hoping to be in until Wednesday!

Pork loin is going in the crockpot for dinner. Will bake some sweet potatoes and roast some brussels sprouts to go with it. I also have a bagged salad that can go with it. Not a lot of veggies for toppings, but will see what I can come up with.

Hope everyone is coming along on your Christmas preparations! I feel like I am doing ok, but still have a huge list to tackle!
Have a cozy day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25