Author Topic: Thrusday, February 25, 2016  (Read 1354 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, February 25, 2016
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:23:57 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, February 25, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 06:31:39 AM »
Not to much different than yesterdays post. Today I am calling it anti-procrastination day. I do all the things that I have procrastinated on and driving me nuts. Usually they don't take very long. I have some extra things for chores this time of year. Also hay grinder guy comes so I need to haul some more hay than I did yesterday. I wish it was just feed cows and come in but Ross needs some help doing some things this morning.  I was gonna mail a little care package to Megan. Usually I just buy something from Amazon and have it shipped to her so I don't have to pay shipping.  But I have a few things to mail. She will come on spring break to help calve. I finally mailed some baby gifts to Ross sister. Need to think up something for crockpot

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 07:26:36 AM »
We are digging out of a major snowstorm this morning. We starting digging out last night already--TWICE-- and this morning was double what it was last night. I pulled a back muscle this morning shoveling so I am now moving slowly.  But they didn't close my work down so I had to drive through the stuff to work.  All schools are closed. Lots of people are without power and my clothes line is bowing so that means the snow is really heavy. Hubby put a support beam in the three season porch and I'm so glad he did or it may have collapsed. There is a neighbors tree limb down and it's resting on our barn so we'll have to go see if there is any damage.

I did not go to the store to stock up because I didn't want to get out and also no money until paycheck comes in next Monday. We just scraping by but the freezer above the fridge is almost empty and so is the fridge. Found some bagels in the deep freeze so a bagel with cream cheese for lunch isn't such a bad deal.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 10:34:10 AM »
Good morning.

I'm planning out my day and it also contains about the same things.  Adding the bathrooms to the list today.  I usually try to have a certain day for them but I missed it this week.. not sure why.  We have life group tonight.  My hubs has a meeting so I am going to go solo, I guess.  Part of me just wants to stay home but the fellowship will be nice.  I think I'll make a treat to take.

Waiting on an Amazon delivery today.  A rototiller, lol.  You can get just about anything on Amazon!  Hoping to get out in the garden area this weekend.  Maybe even tomorrow.  There is a chance of rain though.  Hoping it holds off until I'm able to do that but if it doesn't, there is always next week.  There are some green onions growing out there from the people that rented this home before we bought it so we have been enjoying those.

Dinner tonight... I am completely unsure.  My planner says roast but it also says the same thing for tomorrow.  Guess I'll decide which day to have that come up with something else for the other day.  Thinking something else today since we all have evening plans.

Have a great day everyone!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 10:40:52 AM »
I wish I could ship you roto-tiller! I had a large garden in my previous home but no place in the current home so this lovely rear-tined tiller sits in the storage shed!  We are entertaining moving again so maybe I just better keep it.

Got a call from my son in college--could you bring me some gatorade? Oh, oh, that's not good. My work is about 4 miles from his college so I ran to the store and got gatorade but also saltines, bananas and applesauce and ran it up to him. He's got what we had at home this weekend but it looks to run about 24 hours with another 12-24 to really start to feel better.

Cleanup from the storm in the form of roads cleanup is looking good. The sun is out melting the snow and it's not even really cold outside.  I think we had about 10 inches of snow. I'm ready for it to be gone.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 12:06:52 PM »
I wish I could ship you roto-tiller! I had a large garden in my previous home but no place in the current home so this lovely rear-tined tiller sits in the storage shed!  We are entertaining moving again so maybe I just better keep it.

Got a call from my son in college--could you bring me some gatorade? Oh, oh, that's not good. My work is about 4 miles from his college so I ran to the store and got gatorade but also saltines, bananas and applesauce and ran it up to him. He's got what we had at home this weekend but it looks to run about 24 hours with another 12-24 to really start to feel better.

Cleanup from the storm in the form of roads cleanup is looking good. The sun is out melting the snow and it's not even really cold outside.  I think we had about 10 inches of snow. I'm ready for it to be gone.

Alice

I wish you could too!  ;)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 05:56:51 PM »
Good evening,
   I have had a nice day off. I went and got my hair cut and picked up a few groceries. I got home to the phone ringing. That was at 20 minutes till 4. It was Hannah, one of the young ones. She thought it was ok to call me just before 4 to work for her at 4:30. No, it is not. I didn't do it. The weird thing about this is that Hannah went to our boss and requested more hours. Then she calls me to work them?  :o I just don't like that idea at all. LOL
   We have had less than 5 inches total snow this season. It has not felt like winter. That means the bugs will probably be terrible this year.  :( It was cool and windy today, but is supposed to start warming up tomorrow and be 70* by Sat. Sure sorry for those of you with snow, especially you, Alice. I know you want to be outside as much as the rest of us do.  ;)
   I have laundry staring me in the face tomorrow. I have to do it. Out of underwear. But I guess that is about it for me. You all have a nice day tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:57:54 PM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie