Author Topic: Monday March 9th,2015  (Read 779 times)

Offline Linda

Monday March 9th,2015
« on: March 09, 2015, 07:26:17 AM »
Good Morning Ladies, hope you all have a wonderful day.

The time change is driving me nuts, but i will get use to it...suppose to have warm,beautiful weather all week. I will be outside working on all my pots to get them ready to plant.. and cleaning up leaves..
Also i am starting to get my walking in each day, hope i can get built back up to 4 miles soon.. would like to add a couple more by the end of summer but right now 2 to 3 is just about it...
Dinner tonight is carnita's with beans, lettuce,tomato's,onion and of course a dab of sour cream.

Linda

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday March 9th,2015
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:19:51 AM »
Good morning!

Well, Steven finally arrived home Saturday night.  He spent yesterday resting and recovering from the stress of disrupted travel schedules, the time changes due to crossing time zones and Daylight Savings time starting.

Looks like spring is definitely on her way in.  The 10 day forecast shows temperatures up to the high 60s. 

Today is laundry day and I need to change my sheets.  I also have the usual house tidying.  Tonight's dinner is lasagna, green salad and garlic bread so I need to make the ricotta cheese for the lasagna and then make the sauce and assemble the whole thing, as well as making the French bread for the garlic bread.  I've got some overripe bananas I need to make into banana bread.  And we are out of sandwich bread so I need to make that too.  I've got some errands to run this afternoon too.

We are having some friends over for what we call Family Home Evening in our church.  It's simply Monday night at home with a gospel lesson and perhaps an activity.  Looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Merilee

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
Good morning,
  We could not have asked for a nicer weekend. It was 72* both days. I just sat on the deck for a long time soaking up some rays. LOL I also got the 2 beds cleaned out. As soon as it warms up a bit, we will get out and start working the soil for our spring garden. Looking forward to playing in the dirt again.  ;)
    I walked a couple of miles yesterday while throwing and kicking a ball for Buddy. We both slept good last night, even though we didn't go to bed till after 11. I hope my body gets used to the time change soon.  ::)
    I have a couple of large pots that I usually grow flowers in on the deck. I am thinking about growing a small cherry tomato plant in one of them this year. Wouldn't it be neat to walk out on the deck and pick tomatoes for our salads?  :D
   I have tried to get back to quilting, but my heart is singing for knitting and crocheting at this time, so why fight it? I think I will take the rest of my started quilt projects that are in bins over to the storage shed. I can then put my started knitting and crocheting projects here within easy reach. Also, that would get them out of the sacks they are all stored in right now. LOL I have several dollars on a Menards store rebate card that I can use for some more bins, so it wouldn't even cost me anything.  ;) Sounds like a plan.
   You all have a great day! It is so wonderful to be back here.
Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:46:52 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:34:56 AM »
 We are also experiencing beautiful weather and is suppose to keep getting nicer for a week. Yeah Today was chores, then we are selling calves tomorrow so we will haul them in to the sale barn today. The truck comes at 11 and then we will also load the horse trailer and do that several times today. We are calving and everything is going along good so far. Keeping us on our toes. I am trying to catch up on some housework.If I get Megan her to help which I am sure I wont but I want to have it already to go to power wash out the garage.