Author Topic: Saturday, January 7, 2017  (Read 849 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, January 7, 2017
« on: January 07, 2017, 08:46:17 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday, January 7, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 08:55:11 AM »
I realize I have been missing a lot lately. Nothing exciting just cold. Like -28 ugh. One day closer to spring When it is so cold outside but you still have all your chores to do just takes more time and so miserable.  I am getting Megan ready to go back to college tomorrow.  We are traveling 1/2 way down her direction tomorrow for Allison has a basketball tourney.  So cleaning house and just getting organized.  Havent started the servants yet.  I want to get some heavy things hauled over to my other house to store.  My daughter wants them whenever she has her own house.  And my garage is just getting the winter accumulation in there.  Ross and kids want to ice fish this afternoon. Ashley has game in neighboring town. Allison and I will go to church. Need to get something going for supper and lunch.  Ross smoked a turkey yesterday and it was so good. 

Have a good day
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 12:06:23 PM »
Oh Janice! -28?!?!!?  That sounds pretty frightening!

It has been cold here as well, but nothing like that!  I still am a baby about it!  I like to be warm.  I don't mind going out to snowshoe or hike, but it has to be at least in the upper 30's and preferably sunny!  Not so much here these days.  It is like
 -6 real feel now.  These are the days I hunker down and stay home!  We usually go to church on Sundays, and then I go to weight watchers on Wednesdays.  Other than that,  I stay home and stay in.  I plan all my errands on those two days if possible. 

This upcoming week I will be out on Tuesday as well since I have a chiropractor appt, and then we are suppose to go to a broadway show in a town about an hour away from us.  We will see how that all shakes out depending on weather.  If the roads are bad, we will probably skip the show.  It is "Beautiful - The Carole King Musical".  I would like to see it if we can, but safety will be our first priority.  Haven't really looked to see the forecast that far out as of yet. 

Today has been kind of lazy.  Made a big breakfast for my college son before he sets off back to school later today.  I did do the vacuuming that has been on my to do for days now!  ::) 
I had been watching "The Crown" on Netflix, so I finished the first season of that this morning.  It was quite interesting.  I don't know if or when season two will be available.  It is about Queen Elizabeth and the early years from her coronation.  Not sure how true it really is, but I find it interesting anyway.

I need to do dishes.  Unload & reload the dishwasher and wash any that need to be hand washed.  That is next on my list.

Looking forward (kind of) to the football game tonight.  Can my Detroit Lions pull one out for us long suffering fans?  I'm not so sure, but will be pulling for them hard anyway! 

Hope everyone is having a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend!
Keep Cozy!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »
Hey guys!

I'm with Pam on the negative 28, Janice.  That is frightening!  Or......maybe we are just wimps over on this side of the country. ;)

Nothing much been going on around here lately, just been knee deep in school every day.

It is in the single digits here as well this weekend, so no major plans going on.  There is still a bit of snow on the ground too.  Will probably just get all laundry done and put away, for starters.  Kids are playing games on the computer right now.  May try to fit in a leg workout later this evening. Squatting is getting easier and the weights are finally going up.  I have been really enjoying my recumbent bike these last several months too.  Using it most days when the kids will "allow it".  Been putting on a series that I used to love to watch years ago while I bike (makes it go by very quickly).  I had forgotten how much I loved One Tree Hill.  Reminds me so much of high school days. 

Pam we aren't football fans around here, more b-ball here.  I played high school ball and still love watching the NCAA.  Husband played high school football, but you see what wins out. ;)   So we are awaiting March Madness! :)

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:37:08 PM »
Love College basketball too Lindsay! 

But, our MSU Spartans have been struggling this season, so we haven't really been too in tune with it yet.  Hoping they get hot soon!  After our MSU football season, we really need the bball team to bring it!!

Who is your favorite NCAA team?  We always look forward to March Madness too! 

Partly because that means baseball season is ready to start.  Baseball is our true family passion! 

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:36:13 PM »
Love College basketball too Lindsay! 

But, our MSU Spartans have been struggling this season, so we haven't really been too in tune with it yet.  Hoping they get hot soon!  After our MSU football season, we really need the bball team to bring it!!

Who is your favorite NCAA team?  We always look forward to March Madness too! 

Partly because that means baseball season is ready to start.  Baseball is our true family passion! 

Pam

The CATS....of course!!!  In this state, we bleed BLUE! :)

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:33:35 PM »
It's cold here but not like Janice's temperatures! We've been dripping the bathroom faucet to make sure the pipes don't freeze - I always dread the higher water bill.

Today I've caught up on the laundry and cleaned the family room. We're watching the NFL wild card games, and keeping up with NCAA basketball. We like the Big Ten conference, but honestly I'll watch almost any game! ;)

Off to heat up some soup and make some sandwiches. Have a great evening!

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!