Author Topic: Monday, Jan. 9, 2017  (Read 802 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Jan. 9, 2017
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:44:44 AM »
Good Morning All!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Jan. 9, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »
Good Morning, Good Monday, and Good New Week Ahead Ladies!

Hope your weekend was relaxing, or productive or whatever you wanted it to be. 

Mine was totally chill!  Sent son back to college (  :'( )  Read some, did a little organizing (very little), and binged watched some TV.  Overall, it was just what I needed!  Nice quiet time mostly alone.

Today I need to finish re-organizing one of my pantries that I started this weekend.  I will be glad to have that done. 

Didn't sleep very well last night.  Son and his fiance called yesterday.  They are thinking about having the wedding here in MI.  That means most of the planning and making arrangements will fall to me.  I am happy to do it, but it causes me great anxiety at the same time.  Wanting for everything to be what they want, and not disappointing them.  It is early in the negotiations so to say, so maybe things will change.  Just so much going through my head last night, I wasn't able to sleep well.   

So, pantry today, some paperwork that needs to be attended to, and a little bit of scheduling for hubby as well.  He tends to agree to do things before checking the calendar, and then I need to rearrange things to make everything fit.  He is working on that aspect of his "character" or "personality" or whatever, so I am trying to be supportive of that as opposed to being frustrated and resentful.  We are works in progress!!

Looks like we won't be going to the musical tomorrow after all.  Hubby forgot of a commitment he had already made. (*see previous paragraph -  ;) ).  Not a big deal, really.  I wasn't all in on going, so not a huge disappointment.  I was on the fence about going anyway.  I will still have to go out in the world tomorrow for my chiropractor appointment in the afternoon.  Hope the warm up we are expecting (38*) comes through for me!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 08:36:35 AM »
Good morning!

Well, after a week of snow and cold temperatures, it's raining.  Temperatures are forecast to be above freezing.  That'll feel good but I don't like that the snow is almost gone.  >:(  Oh, well, nothing I can do about it.

Today's a normal day.  Laundry and house pickup.  Dinner today is lasagna, green salad and garlic bread.  I make my own ricotta so that is on the list to do.  I also need to make the french bread for the garlic bread.  I'm going to look through the fridge and see what else I can make ahead or "process" and freeze and clean it out a bit.

I'll take the Christmas boxes out of the garage and get them in the shed before all the snow melts and the backyard is a morass of mud.  We had some really big trees removed last summer and the backyard was destroyed.  It was half dead anyway--we hadn't bothered watering since we knew the grass would be all ripped up from the heavy equipment.  Plus the roots were ground.  So there's nothing grassy back there anymore.  There's still a thin layer of snow so today would be the perfect time to get that taken care of.  I'll also get my winter and spring decorating boxes (only 3 of them) out while I'm at it.

I'm making great progress on the office.  So far it's been sorting, discarding, and putting away.  Today I'm going to switch gears a little and focus on decluttering.  I know I have a file cabinet of preschool materials I can get rid of.  I don't need them anymore since Nathan is in kindergarten now.  We'll see what else I can get rid of.

Christie works after school and that's all that's scheduled today.

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:36:32 AM »
Well girls, there is no way around it......I am MISERABLE today. :P

Day before yesterday, I did something I know not to do, but thought I could get by with it and save time.  I was doing my leg workout and added in some back work.  Never supposed to do these two exercises on the same day, and for good reason.  The mom with limited time trying to squeeze it in at once won out.  Well, I evidently strained my lower back pretty badly.  No, I should say REALLY badly. Today is 48 hours out and the worst pain.  I have an extremely high pain tolerance and this seems bad to me.

On top of that, I finally seem to have caught the stomach virus my husband had this weekend and the last part of last week.  So, I woke up throwing up and thought it was just from the back pain, but now I am pretty sure it is the virus because my skin aches all over.

Today would have to be the monthly Azure pick up. :P  I am going to pick up a heating pad while in town and maybe that will help with part of it.  Anyway, I am only complaints today, so no fun.  You guys make sure you have a super good day to make up for my crummy one, OK?! ;)

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 11:45:32 AM »
Oh Lindsay!
That is terrible!  Back pain is the absolute worst!  Hope you can get some relief today!

Lifting you up in prayer and hopeful for you!
Hang in there!!

Pam
Wife of 32 years