Author Topic: Tuesday, February 3, 2015  (Read 890 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, February 3, 2015
« on: February 03, 2015, 06:21:05 AM »
Good morning

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, February 3, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:35:03 AM »
Good morning!

I'm up and at it after several days of doing nearly nothing due to having a really bad cold.  I am finally on the mend and have lots to catch up on.  Unfortunately, our electric company is doing some upgrade work today in our area so our electricity will be off from 9:30 til about 4:30.  We were told the work could be finished earlier but to plan on no electricity til 4:30.

So I've got bread in the machine so we can have lunch; I'm working on my February menu so I can go grocery shopping this afternoon.  I've got a load of clothes to wash and that will probably be all I have time to get done before the power is turned off.

I have the twins today (unless their dad tells me the one boy still has an ear infection). I'm thinking if the weather is good enough I may take them to a local park.  Or maybe we'll just spend the time outside in the yard. 

It's been a really strange winter.  We had some little snowstorms that left an inch or so of snow that melted quickly before Christmas.  On Christmas we got a pretty good snowstorm and the snow lasted about 4 days.  Since then, no snow.  We've had rain, which is great, but when you're used to snowy winters, it's weird.  I worry about this summer's water.

Anyway, it's warmed up quite a lot so I may get outside and start cleaning up and making a list of the repairs we need to do around the place.  That'll make the boys happy. :)

I've got a whole list of little jobs that can be done that don't require electricity (except for light!) so we'll see how the day goes and how much I can get done with the light that comes in through the windows.  All our windows are on the east and west sides of the house so we'll see.

Have a good day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 06:38:42 AM »
I am getting together with a couple of gals and making a dinner for a neighbor who lost her dad around Christmas.  It's a hard time for her right now.  2 others are making enchiladas 1 chicken 1 beef and spainish rice. I am making a salad and dessert.  So I need to meet them to deliver it this afternoon. The usual outside chores and with any luck I get more bookwork time then I did yesterday. I need to finish what little I have of my mil bookwork and get it printed so she can go over it. I need to make some phone calls for appts and call school. Allison is still home sick. She had croup yesterday and today is still luggish and coughing

Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 08:39:15 AM »
Good morning everyone. Today I am home doing laundry and kitchen stuff nothing too exciting. Yesterday I took my drug test and tomorrow fingerprinting then when that returns I will be substitute teaching 3 and 4 yr old pre-k classes for our 4 sounding towns and possibly more if I feel like driving further. So hopefully I will be busy, my goal is just to gain more experience and hopefully get a full time assistant position next year. Hubby asked how much subbing paid and I told him I had no idea lol I forgot to even ask bc to me this is the beginning to my journey not just a job. As soon as we get taxes back I will start taking the CDA classes online, luckily they are not required to sub just have to be finished within 2 years of getting a permanent assistant job just thought I would get a head start on them. I love being a mommy but since all the kids are in school now i get a little bored and unmotivated. Feels realky good to be doing something for me for once. I joked with hubby that i have to start getting up like a grown up in the moring and getting realky dressed not just in sweatpants anymore lol.Hope everyone has a wonderful day and stays warm. -Norma
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 10:29:14 AM »
Afternoon ladies!

Early day for us, but thankfully I was able to snuggle back in bed with the pup for a while after Jean left.  I went to class at the gym this morning, then when I got home I hit the ground running with work stuff.  We opened registration for our big annual conference this morning, so lots to do with that. 

Now that things have slowed down a bit, I'd like to do a quick straightening of the house.  I finished and put away all laundry yesterday, so that's one thing I can cross off the list (for now!).  Tonight, Jean and I are going to see the reunion show of a local band I used to work for in college, so I'll need to shower and change and get all 'dolled up' before our big date night  ;).

Have a wonderful rest of the day!
Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 12:38:49 PM »
Good morning. 

I'm trying to fight off a cold and feeling pretty rough today.  I took some medicine and I feel human again but I am taking the day off the gym, which make me feel incredibly guilty.  My lower back hurts when I cough and I am prone to having issues with it so I think a day off is good but still... I feel guilty.  Mama has goals!

Getting ready to run and get my CSA box.  I really have no desire to go anywhere but I have to go get it.  I'll come right back home though and relax the rest of the day.  Maybe I'll read a good book or a magazine and try to enjoy some "forced" down time.

Not sure what dinner is.. I'm thinking something easy like quesadillas or mac and cheese for the boys and whatever I can scrounge up for the hubs and I.  Fend for yourself night sounds appealing.

Have a great day everyone!