Author Topic: Monday, May 11  (Read 687 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, May 11
« on: May 11, 2015, 05:55:06 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, May 11
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 06:13:25 AM »
Well we got the snow and rain.  God is so good. We needed moisture and he provided. We are busier of course with the snow checking cows and just getting  around.  But we are thankful it isn't dry.  The kids will go in late to school.  Our road is closed but we can get out if we try I think. The kids are helping Ross with chores. I am finishing cleaning and catching up on some projects. I did get 2 projects done that I have procrastinated on.  Today I am gonna clean out cabinet in main bathroom and get it organized. Ok need to post this before I lose it. Too many distractions

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:57:02 AM »
Good morning, Janice and everyone.

I cannot imagine dealing with snow in May.  It seems strange that while I'm down here running the air conditioner, you have snow on the ground. :D

We had a quiet weekend spent mostly at home.  My granddaughter stayed all weekend so I'll be taking her home today.  I need to leave soon to take my cat to the vet.  He's being neutered and I'm sure my other cats will be glad he's gone since he's been driving them crazy. 

Well, I need to go get the girls ready and take Stormy to the vet.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:06:01 AM »
Good morning!

Sitting here having my coffee after scrambled eggs and some blackberries.  Trying to feed myself nutritiously even though I really wanted a croissant.  :D  I had hoped to hike today, but AF is on her way and I'm a bit crampy and out of sorts today.  Since the hike is essentially the one I just did on Wednesday, I decided not to go.  I'm feeling a strong urge to declutter and hope it lasts till I actually get going, lol.  Plus, I have a great book I'm almost done with and would like to finish (Blind Courage, about a man who hiked the Appalachian Trail...the catch?  He is blind and hiked it with his seeing eye dog.).

Just really need to do some general straightening and decluttering.  Little "hot spots" have popped up all over the house and need tamed.  I'm also thinking this week and next are my last chances to get stuff out of the kids' rooms without them home to notice.  ;)  Oh, and there is always weeding to be done outdoors, as well as planting more seeds here and there.  More than anything, I've been reading gardening books and blogs and thinking of places to tuck more plants.  We ended up with just under 5 inches of rain since last Monday....awesome!  The lakes have all gone up quite a bit, which was much needed.  We have today and tomorrow to dry out a bit (ground is saturated) the more rain beginning Wednesday, though they're saying probably just 2-3 inches this week (which is still great!).

Dinner tonight will be roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and salad made with lettuce from our garden.

Janice, glad you all got your moisture, too!

Cheryl, kitty vacation?  For the others, I mean?  :D  We are enjoying our new little cat...keeps us laughing.

Catherine

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 10:15:03 AM »
Good morning ladies,

It actually snowed here this morning as well. Started just before I went out the door to work so I looked like a snowman by the time I got to my bus  :o

Alana was rock climbing yesterday and wasn't sure she'd be back in time so we are having a nice dinner here tonight. Roast beef I be thinking  ;)

Well work to be done, have the dishes finished so move on to the next job.

Oh Catherine I've been feeling like doing some decluttering as well so maybe that's what I should do too lol

Have a great day ladies!
Laurie
Many hands make light work