Author Topic: Wednesday, July 8, 2015  (Read 794 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, July 8, 2015
« on: July 08, 2015, 07:22:43 AM »
Good morning

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, July 8, 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 08:04:21 AM »
Good morning!

I had a productive day yesterday and I hope to keep it going. :)  I emptied out my large deep freezer and repacked everything a little neater and organized it.  This will make it easier to open and grab what I need.  Now I need to do the freezers above the refrigerators.  I am good about inventorying but not so good about keeping up with what's used and what is left.  I need to find a better method or one I'll stick with.

I need to make more salsa and do something with the corn I was given yesterday.  I would also like to reorganize my pantry.  Guess I need to get busy if I'm to get anything done!  Hope you all have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
Good morning!

I am dragging this morning.  Some of you are on fb and have seen the pics but we are fostering four kittens.  We got them last Wednesday at approximately one week of age and are bottle feeding.  They had been turned into the animal shelter with no mama.  They are so sweet but this old body is not appreciating the middle of the night feedings.  One has been sick so I took him to the vet yesterday.  He seems a little better this morning.

We have had an uncharacteristic cold front and rain here yesterday and today.  The rain is done but the high today will be 81.  In July.  In Oklahoma...unreal!  Yesterday we set a record for the coolest high temperature ever for that date, at 76 degrees.  Weird!  We also got about 5 inches of rain, lol.

Anyhow, I'm headed out to check on the garden and harvest at least tomatoes before the kitties need to eat again.

Janice, I hope your son continues to do well after his accident.

Cheryl, can you send me some of your motivation/productivity?  Go you!

Catherine

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 11:10:55 AM »
Catherine, after bottle feeding Lily and Tabby, I found myself waking every couple of hours for the next 2 years!  I was just getting back into being able to sleep more than 2-3 hours at a time when Stormy came along last September.  I remember how tough it was but it was nothing compared to feeding four.  You are a good person!  I've raised 3 on bottles but don't know if I could do four at a time.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:25:43 AM »
Good morning, ladies!

Its a little cooler here today too and I am grateful.  The high is only supposed to be 90* and tomorrow it says 85* is the high.  What a delightful break from the heat!

we just got home from swimming practice for Trev and the gym for me.  Having some coffee and cooking some bacon in the oven.  Today, I have a few projects to work on but currently sitting in this chair and watching Apollo 13 is distracting me.  8)

We ordered a small refrigerator and FedEx just delivered it.  We would love a bigger one for the garage and had looked at getting a used one but its just so HOT out there that we worry about the efficiency of an older one in the garage so we went with a small one for now.  Our side by side makes it hard to keep it organized so a little extra space will be nice.  So, today, I will organize and find a place for it.

Tonight we will head to Costco for a few things and maybe even stop and have coffee together for a little date  ;)

Dinner tonight.. I have "refried" beans going in the crockpot so we will have bean burritos and salad.

Catherine - I've seen the kitten pics.  They are So cute!

Cheryl - good work on the deep freeze.  I love our chest freezer but sometimes wish I had got an upright freezer to make it easier to find things.

Janet - hope you are having a good day and that Lane is feeling better.