Author Topic: Monday, Jan. 16, 2017  (Read 714 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Jan. 16, 2017
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:35:24 AM »
Good Morning!!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, Jan. 16, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
Good morning,

I'm here this morning reading posts. I do have to work today but that's ok. We had a very quiet restful weekend. We both have been sick so we needed time to just take a nap whenever we felt like it. Hubby is doing better than I am. I still have the nagging cough but I think it's less than what it was. We both have to carry on with our days starting today.

We ate very little this week and had to throw away a few things that were neglected. I hate doing that but time got away from us and some things ended up not getting eaten. We did make a fajita lunch yesterday which tasted wonderful to both of us. We'll keep it easy this week with food.

Mom came home from the hospital after having her gallbladder removed laparscopically on Friday morning. I have not seen her yet but we talked on the phone and she says she is doing well. I hope to go see her this week sometime.

I hope we're going to get the big warmup that is being predicted--upper 50's by later this week! I hope we get a lot of sunshine with it!

That's it for my today.  Have a wonderful day everyone.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »
Hello Ladies!!

Hope you are all doing amazing things today!  Pop in and say hello!

Alice: hope you can get rid of that cough.  They can be so annoying!  Glad your Mom has come through her surgery well.  I'm sure that is a relief to you.  I too am hoping for that warm up!  Even sunshine without the warm up would be welcome!  It was so nice having sun yesterday.  Hubs & I went for a short walk in the afternoon.  It was chilly, but still nice to have some fresh air.

I have a ton of laundry to do today.  I went through some things over the weekend, and accumulated a bunch of clothes that need to be washed.  You know how you take something off and think, "this is still clean enough to wear again", but you don't hang it up or fold and put it away?  Yeah, I would just put them on the little sofa we have in our bedroom, and then ...... well, then ... nothing.  They would just sit there and grow friends!  So, I finally went through them.  Put away what seemed okay, and found a bunch that needed a little attention.  They are all downstairs waiting for me!

I will work on that, and then also need to make a few calls re: wedding plans.  Will be glad when all of the big things are settled, and it's just details that need to be decided!

I need to menu plan for the week as well.  Tonight we will have chicken stir fry, brown rice and a salad.  So at least tonight is settled. 

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  We went to see La La Land yesterday.  It was really good.  I enjoyed it.  There are still quite a few movies out there that I would like to see.  Have any of you seen anything good as of late?  Or are there any that you are wanting to see?

I recorded the new series on PBS "Victoria" that started last night.  Did anyone see it?  I am going to try to watch it today if I get a chance.  Something I can have on while folding laundry maybe. 

We are suppose to get some ice today I guess.  Hoping it doesn't get too bad out there.  I will be home, but hubby is at work, and will need to make his way home probably in that mess.  I might reach out to him and encourage him to come home early and work from home.  Ice is a scary proposition when it comes to travel!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Thinking of you all!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 07:56:55 AM »
Good morning!

Today's the last day of our long weekend.  It's been a good one.  We got a few things done and had a nice relaxing time.  Tomorrow we start the second semester of school.

Today's laundry day.  That's the big thing to do today.  I have some financial stuff to do, and I'll keep working on the office.  The van needs to be cleaned out and I have some stuff in the garage that needs to be put away.  I need to make bread.  Also french bread (for garlic bread) and ricotta cheese for the stuffed shells tonight.  I'm sure I'll find more things to do as the day goes on.

The two younger boys are going to a friend's house for a few hours today.  Not sure if Christie's working today or not.

Dinner tonight will be stuffed shells, green salad and garlic bread.

Merilee