Author Topic: Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017  (Read 693 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:00:27 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Another day inside for me! I am kind of over this cold snap!  Real feel minus 4 right now.  Glad I don't need to go anywhere.

I am going to do some organizing today.  I know there are piles of papers that need to be dealt with.  Today will be a good day for that.  Filing, sorting, and throwing.  Just need to get a little more control of that kind of thing. 

I also could do a small area in the basement and make some progress down there as well. 

Last night I watched a couple movies on Netflix.  I watched The Imitation Game, and Lee Daniels' The Butler.  I liked both of them.  Earlier this week I watched Grace of Monaco.  That one was interesting too.
I feel like I watch a lot of TV in the Winter.  Spring, Summer and Fall we are out doing more active things, but Winter is more for books and movies! 

So, I will make a list of things I want to get accomplished, and then once I get a few done, I will reward myself with a hour of reading, or a movie.

Hope all of you are doing well, and have a chance to pop in and say hi.

Take Care, and Stay WARM!!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »
Hi Pam,

The day is almost over but we did a lot...I should start with yesterday. I did get gas for my van and it was COLD. I did get my very few groceries. I had chili dogs for supper and watched a netflix movie.

Today, we had the window guy come and measure for our new vinyl replacement windows and now we're also getting a door to the garage/house which I didn't expect AND he's going to do a little remodel in our downstairs bathroom.  Whoa! I didn't expect all that but we decided these things really needed to get done so we're going to bite the bullet and get them done.

We visited mom and dad. Mom is doing so well after all of her issue have been addressed. She also got new hearing aids this week so now she can hear us better. She was cooking up a storm. She said she is back to her old self. I'm still surprised every time I see her at how "alive" she is.

Now we are putting dinner together which is salisbury steak but I don't have any side dishes to go with it.  Maybe we'll watch a movie on netflix tonight and then probably go to bed early since we're old people!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 05:05:59 PM »
Sounds like you have been busy Alice!  So glad to hear of the progress your Mom has made!  I know you were so concerned about her.

What movies have you been watching on Netflix?  I am always looking for suggestions.

Recently I have watched:
Philomena -- about a woman searching for the son who was taken from her as a teenage mother 

Woman in Gold  -- about artwork stolen from Jewish families by the Nazi's in Austria and one woman's fight to get back artwork that belonged to her family. 

Both were based on true stories, and I enjoyed both of them.

Now I have Finding Dory on just as a background sound.  ;D

I made a pot of chicken noodle soup this afternoon.  Threw it together real quick and let it simmer.  It was a good dinner. 
Probably will be lunch tomorrow as well.  We will have our big meal during the game.  (lots of stuff I usually refrain from, so hopefully I will keep myself from over indulging!)

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »
Pam,

I just read Danielle Steel's book "The Award" that sounds a lot like the movie "Woman in Gold". I might try to find that to watch. The book was excellent. I really love reading about WWII not that I like war but a reminder of what was and what my parents and in-laws endured while living in tne Netherlands.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats