Author Topic: Monday, November 17, 2014  (Read 1186 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, November 17, 2014
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:14:14 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, November 17, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:20:24 AM »
Today I am back in for chore duty. Ugh. Megan will head back to college this morning.  We wouldn't let her go yesterday as roads were bad.  We have crop insurance meeting at 10:30 at our house.  So need to tidy a couple of things before I walk out door.  I didn't feel good this weekend with sore throat, sinus, etc today I am better but not 100%. I didn't get all the house cleaning done that I was thinking of. So each day I need to assign myself some job i have been putting off.  Alison is home sick.  Nothing exciting here

Coffee time
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »
Good morning!

A late starting morning for us, as Earl did not have to go to work till 10 AM due to the bad roads.  He is on his way now.  They asked all non-essential personnel to not come in earlier than that as they were trying to allow the DPW time to get the roads salted and sanded (this is on post, where they do more).  Kids' schools are cancelled for today.  Yes, this is all for 3 inches of snow but our town doesn't have the equipment for it so this always happens.  Plus, we don't usually get snow this early.

Doing lots of cooking today, as well as laundry.  Might as well, with nowhere to be.  :) 

Saw my doctor Friday and she wants me to go gluten-free again, and preferably dairy-free.  I think I'm going to do the gluten-free for sure.  Butter is fine since it's mostly butterfat and little of the proteins, as well as heavy cream.  And I will probably include the occasional aged cheese unless I can feel that it affects me.  Anyway, trying to menu plan with what is in the house and following those parameters...eek! 

Well, better get moving.  Lots to do today!  Have a great day!

Janice, hope you feel all the way better soon!

Catherine

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:43:04 AM »
Good morning.  ;D

Today is a drizzly, chilly morning.  Ugh.  I am sooo lazy.  With the overcast skies outside and the woodstove inside, I'm having a hard time getting off the couch.   :P  I did manage to get 2 loaves of bread made, a load of laundry washed and hung down the hallway, a pot of white beans cooking and the kitchen cleaned and my bedroom straightened up so it hasn't been a totally wasted day. 

I don't have much more planned for today.  Aaron is taking Holden to the Science Center this afternoon and I don't have Evan today so I'll have a few hours to myself.  I have no idea what I'll do.  This doesn't happen often so I'm kind of at a loss. 

Oh...we do have something to celebrate...Caylon became engaged this weekend!!  The wedding date is May 15.   ;D  With this marriage I will be gaining another granddaughter...Taylin "Tay" who turned 2 in September.  Things will definitely be crazy around here now...Evan is 1, Tay is 2 and Holden will be 3 in January.  Ai ya ya  :o  Never a dull moment, that's for sure.

Gotta scoot.  I'm doing an update on my Ipad and I need to figure a few things out.  Technology isn't my strong suit so this takes a little doing.  :P

Beth

Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:02 AM »
Good Morning All! 
(I guess I should say afternoon).

Had to make a quick run to Sam's Club for cheerios and milk and a couple other things this morning.  Didn't want to go, but knew that if I didn't right away, I might not be able to.  We are suppose to get slammed with quite a bit of snow starting this afternoon.  Probably won't be able to venture out later, or even tomorrow.  Fine by me.  I don't enjoy being out in that stuff!

I have a roast started in my pressure cooker, and will switch it over to the slow cooker setting in a little bit and add the carrots and potatoes to it.  It's what's for dinner tonight!

I have a load of laundry waiting on me, so I need to keep working on that.

Hope you get your menu figured out Catherine!  I can barely manage with no such parameters!  Good luck!

Congrats Beth!  An engagement IS something to celebrate!!  Although, knowing what you do on a daily basis, so is a few hours to yourself!!  Enjoy them! 

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Linda

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
Good afternoon, busy morning... and cold... oh i didn't want to get out of my warm bed....that wind is bitter cold.. but our snow is about kaput so that is a bit sad...

Waiting for Nick to wake up so i can make noise upstairs without bothering him... but i have gotten most of my Christmas list made and that is a good thing since i can't seem to want to get in the holiday spirit just yet..

Hope all of you have a wonderful evening.

Janice-hope you continue to feel better..stay warm.

Beth-that is awesome...congrats.. still can't believe how old those babies are.. where does the time go?

Cathy-hmmm... not for sure i could do without my butter either.. they always want to take away the good stuff.

Pam- stay safe... warm...