Author Topic: Wednesday, September 10  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, September 10
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:45:07 AM »
Good morning!

I got up at 5:00 and went on my morning walk.  It was still dark out, but I had enough light from the moon to see where I was going. :) 

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'll be dragging in a few hours.  Some days I'd like nothing better than to just go back to bed. 

Today should be another at-home day.  I'd like to take some time and go over my winter stock-up list.  I know I need to add a few items to it, such as batteries, lamp oil and wicks, and matches.  Do any of you stock up for winter?

I was going to fix lasagna tonight but I'm out of the cheese I need for that and don't want to go to the store, so I switched around my menu a bit and we'll have spaghetti instead.  I have the sauce simmering and I'm browning the meat to go in that.  It smells pretty good in here. ;)

Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, September 10
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:40:41 AM »
Good morning!

It's a nice cool morning today.  Yesterday we had storms come in from the remnants of a tropical storm off Baja California.  I always love when fall rains come!

Today I have a doctor's appointment and then I'm going to do grocery shopping and run errands.  After that I'll supervise the cleaning up of the house.  My two little boys do a good job of making messes!

We have the normal school day (two older kids are already off, Alex goes at 12:30).  Tonight Christie has her Young Women activity, Alex starts soccer practice and I have a baby shower to go to.

As usual, in between all the big stuff I'll do little things here and there.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:40:33 AM »
Good morning,
   We had some nasty storms yesterday and last night. Thankfully, we had no damage. I was at work when tornado warnings came on. I thought they were supposed to get the residents in the hallways when a tornado warning for our county was issued, but they didn't. Of course, it was for the northeast part of our county.  :-\ Kerry and I worked hard to get our work done so we could get out of there. I made it home before we even had any rain. Drove home all the way listening to what to do in case you spot a tornado while in the car. Yikes! Sure was glad to see our road.  :)
   I have to go in at 11. The truck comes in this morning and I go in early to put stuff away. Would you please say a prayer for my boss, Carolyn? They moved her surgery on her ankle up to today. So she is probably in surgery right now. Sure hope everything goes well.
   Well, I guess that is about it for me. I need to start getting around. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:44:19 AM »
Good Morning

Now 2 home sick. ugh I called into Dr to just have them call same prescription down to pharmacy but they have to call me back. I am making homemade chicken and noodle soup (need to make the noodles when it gets boiling in crock pot) and getting fresh bedding on all the beds. I have to do some bookwork and I still havent picked garden. We had .35" of rain very cold 43 but feels like 37. Tomorrow chances of snow. REALLY! Come on South Dakota! Sent Ross to town with my list too as he needs antifreeze and stuff to winterize all the campers, tanks, etc. My list is long and time is short...

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:14:48 PM »
Good morning!

I got up at 5:00 and went on my morning walk.  It was still dark out, but I had enough light from the moon to see where I was going. :) 

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I'll be dragging in a few hours.  Some days I'd like nothing better than to just go back to bed. 

Today should be another at-home day.  I'd like to take some time and go over my winter stock-up list.  I know I need to add a few items to it, such as batteries, lamp oil and wicks, and matches.  Do any of you stock up for winter?

I was going to fix lasagna tonight but I'm out of the cheese I need for that and don't want to go to the store, so I switched around my menu a bit and we'll have spaghetti instead.  I have the sauce simmering and I'm browning the meat to go in that.  It smells pretty good in here. ;)

Hope you all have a great day!

Cheryl, thanks, ya really saved me! :)  I am supposed to be fixing two pans of lasagna for DS10 birthday Friday and am missing.......cottage cheese.  Hubby will be stopping by the store that carries what I use on his way home today anyway.  Good thing I saw this.  Boys don't take well to their birthday dinners being changed. ;)