Author Topic: Tues. July 19, 2016  (Read 754 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tues. July 19, 2016
« on: July 19, 2016, 07:56:39 AM »
Good Tuesday Morning!

I think we can call this the dog days of summer. It's hot, steamy and no rain. The days just seem like they are going fast and we're more than halfway through July. 

In August we will have a lot of changes in our home. Our oldest will be moving to Honduras for two years to teach 3rd grade. She had a job but it will be eliminated so she applied for lots of jobs but all didn't materialize. Our two other college aged young adult kids will move to college apartments (one is fourth year and the other is third year student) and so we will be kind of empty nesters. I've been helping the two youngest with household stuff to get them started and some food to line their pantries. I was able to get a lot of stuff from resale stores and some food at sale prices at the store. I'll keep adding with sales in the next month.

My dad's garden has been wonderful this year and we had my family of five and my parents all harvesting on Saturday and we spent 3 1/2 hours working on it. Dad is 85 years old and he loves gardening but I see him slowing way down. We all worked on the beans, snipping the ends off and then I took them home to freeze. We had beans, peppers, carrots, cabbage, new potatoes, onions, cucumbers and dad shredded the cabbage for coleslaw. We've been enjoying the produce all weekend long.

We're heading into a heat wave and I'm glad to have AC. My parents don't have it and they don't even like it. I'll be sure the check on them often this week.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

Re: Tues. July 19, 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:21:04 AM »
Good morning

We are on a spur of the moment vacation. We are getting close to Glacier National Park. We will be doing Yellowstone also. We rented a motor home for a week. So nice kids can move around and we don't have to haul out bags to motel at night. My folks are at our place watching cattle etc. at home it is to be in the 100s so we wouldn't be doing as much anyways. So a little family time before Megan is back at college and kids in school. When we get back we need to get Ashley's senior pictures done. We did get a family pic in our wheat field so we may have a Christmas pic. I still need to look at them they are on my computer at home. Well better get to watching scenery.

Janice