Author Topic: Friday, February 20, 2015  (Read 801 times)

Offline bobbie78

Friday, February 20, 2015
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:31:45 AM »
Good morning ladies. We are snowed in now for day 5. Chad is going to get out though to try and get to town for some milk and to help my dad who has frozen pipes.  Saturday we are expecting 6-8 inches more.   I was sick yesterday with a stomach bug. It only lasted 24 hours, though, which I am very thankful for.
I need to get caught up on laundry and sweep and mop the kitchen. The bathrooms need some attention, too. I have been trying to eat something since midnight and it just isnt happening.  I pray this passes soon. I could stand to miss a couple meals but I'm weak :(
I am also going to have Chad send Winona's card out.  I sure miss reading about her days. I read mostly everyday but just dont post that often.  I am going to try and post everyday. Have any of you thought about your March budget yet? I plan to make a trip to Sams club and stock up. IF the snow ever lets up.
My parents are having a bit of  financial trouble. We've been trying to help them with groceries. My mother (bless her heart) does not know hot to pinch her pennies, but I do drop off some groceries to them so I know they will have food.  I'm heading off to the kitchen right now to make a pitcher of tea and will make them one as well. My dad claims he nor my mom can make it as well as me lol. 
I'm wanting to start my veggies for the garden indoors this year. I live in Ohio. When would be a good time? My dad said my grandpa used the lighting that came in the window for his to grow. I live in complete shade. Can any of you point me in the right direction? Ty and you all have a wonderful day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, February 20, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 05:47:52 AM »
Good morning, Bobbie and everyone.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  And snowed in.  That would make it doubly bad for me.  I cannot stand snow and all the mess that goes along with it.

I'm glad you mentioned Winona's card.  I found one for her but was going to wait til closer to her birthday to buy it, and wouldn't you know, it totally slipped my mind until you reminded me! :D. I'll pick that up today while I'm out and get it ready to mail.

I've been giving my March budget some thought.  I don't have a definite plan in place but I know I want to keep it as low as possible.  Tony is off work again today and he mentioned running by Costco or maybe going to Sam's to see what they have.  We used to have a membership there but changed to Costco.  My oldest daughter goes to Sam's and we sometimes go with her but haven't in a while.

Well, I'm off to drink my coffee.  Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:03:30 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

Bobbie: Hope you get to feeling like eating something today.  Maybe some chicken noodle soup?  (that is my cure all!!) :)
Thank you for mentioning Winona's birthday.  I filed that info in my brain, but it sure wasn't making it up to the front when I needed it to!  I wrote down her address, but can you remind me of the date again?  Is the end of Feb., or the first of March?
Maybe somebody with the information can start a post in a private section with the date and her address.  Would love to have her know we are all thinking about her and miss her posting!

We too are in the frozen zone!!  Most schools in the area are closed due to the temperatures.  Real feel here is 24 below zero!!  Wishing I didn't have to leave the house, but hubby and I are headed to Detroit today for the Garth Brooks show.  It will be fun!  He has to go for work, so he will be distracted, but it's always a good time!! 

Two weeks from today we are headed to Florida.  Youngest son's college baseball team is headed there for spring training.  We are going to go to the games, and just relax, and then we are headed to DisneyWorld for a few days.  On the way home, we will stop in Myrtle Beach for a quick visit with our oldest son who lives there.  Sooooo looking forward to getting into some kind of warmth!!   It is the only thing getting me through this wicked winter!  Last winter was horrible, so having this two years in a row is really challenging!

Not much will happen in my house today since we will be gone.  I guess I will have to play catch up tomorrow! 
Hope everyone enjoys their day.  Stay warm!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »
Her birthday is March 2nd and her address is in the private christmas card post.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29:23 AM »
Good morning!

Having a little computer time to reward myself for getting things done earlier.  Got the kids to school(s), came home, set the load of laundry to fluff, and swept floors and unloaded and reloaded dishwasher for 17 of the 20 minutes.  Turned the dryer off, folded and put away the laundry, put in another load, and did my work out (35 minutes).  After working out, I made myself bacon and eggs and sat down at the computer.  Getting ready to put my now-dry sheets back on the bed, switch laundry again, and put in another load.

On the agenda for today, at least 2 more loads of laundry to include my delicate tops.  A bit of decluttering.  Cleaning off kitchen cabinets (both wiping and putting/throwing things away that accumulate but don't belong there), and planting some more flats of seeds to go under the grow lights.  Maybe a hot bath and a good book for a bit, too.  Going to get some meat out to partially thaw before I slice it and put it in marinade for fajitas (using Pioneer Woman's marinade recipe, which we love).

Bobbie, sorry to hear you have been sick.  Hope you recover quickly and can keep something down.

Cheryl, enjoy your time out with your hubby.

Pam, hope you all enjoy the Garth Brooks show.  I have never seen one of his shows live, but he buys his MoBetta clothing from a little place about 20 miles from here.  That is their claim to fame.

Norma, hope you have a good day.

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 01:17:23 PM »
Afternoon all. :)

Not a lot going on here today.  They are calling for an ice storm, which I really hope doesn't happen.  Hubby got up early and went up to the saw mill to get an extra load of firewood just in case and covered it with a tarp.  It is pretty much a given that we will lose power when ice is involved. :P  Temps are only at 18 degrees now, so they are going to have to go up for it to be ice instead of snow.  I'll take the snow over ice any day. ;)

Not a lot on the agenda today, just some laundry and cleaning and figuring out dinner.  No clue what that will be. I am in need of inspiration!

Bobbie, if I were to do a garden where I am (our temps are close to yours) I would start lettuce and leafy stuff indoors now because they can be transplanted earlier and wait to start other stuff until mid March.  Guess when you can transplant them outside would depend on when this terrible winter decides to be over with. :P ;)  Feel better! :)

Pam, you are really gonna enjoy Garth.  I went to a show a very long time ago.  If I remember correctly Trisha Yearwood opened for him and it was right before they got married. Have fun! :)

Catherine, those fajitas sound good!

Blessings,
Lindsay