Author Topic: Mon. Aug. 24th  (Read 792 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Mon. Aug. 24th
« on: August 24, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   I finally had a couple of days off. I have worked my tail off in the past few weeks. I worked 3 doubles and only had 2 single days off in the past 18 days. I was tired. LOL I had yesterday and today off. Yesterday I went shopping. Hazel is getting married Saturday and I wanted something new to wear. The wedding is in a park and it is all very casual, so I bought a new pair of jeans and a new blouse. It had been a long time since I went clothes shopping. LOL I still don't enjoy it.  ::)
   Hazel sent me a message this morning that just made my day. She wants to come get me early Sat. morning so I can help her prepare for her wedding. This means so much to me. ;D The only down thing about it is that I have to be at work at 6:30 Sunday morning, so I won't get much rest Sat. night. Oh well, I have Monday off, so I will rest then. My baby is getting married. I am so happy for her and Ryan.
   I have a mean rooster whose days are numbered. He has attacked Buddy twice and tried to attack me last night when I went to lock them up. He ran out of the hen house and chased me up the hill. I got a hoe and went back. He didn't attack me again while I was holding the hoe.  ;) Anyway, I have at least 8 roosters that need to be butchered. Kevin said if I would wait till Thurs., he would help me butcher them. It will be good to get the extras out of the hen house. I also have 2 extra drakes. I guess I might as well butcher them as well. Be glad when that job is done.
   I hope you all are doing well. Have a blessed week.
Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:42:06 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline fishermanwife

Re: Mon. Aug. 24th
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »
So glad to hear from you Winona! Have been thinking of you and praying for you often.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Mon. Aug. 24th
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:59:25 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies!

I am having some lunch and muddling through trying to figure out our schedule and how to get things done.  Fall swim season starts today and they switched the time for the senior team to 5pm, instead of 3:30pm.  Its only for 2 months and then it goes back but trying to figure this out is kind of a mess as far as when we start homeschooling, language and history classes for the boys are on Monday and Wednesday and we'll be gone from 7:15am to 3:30 pm and then back out to swim and the gym at 4:30.  When is switches back it may be a "little" better since we can go to swimming right after classes.  Anyway, that's my current "trauma".  I just hate being so "on the go" but its 2 days a week for that.

Also trying to figure out if Brandon needs to do some Algebra 1 review before we jump in to Algebra 2.  Wanting him to do a lesson from Algebra 1 each day or at least listen to the lecture and see if he remembers it.  Trying to to get him to do that is like pulling teeth right now though.  Mama may have to crack the whip, LOL.

Dinner tonight is spaghetti.  I'm putting the meat and sauce in the crockpot so it will be ready when we get home.  I already have the noodles for the boys and spaghetti squash for us ready.