Author Topic: Friday, August 19, 2016  (Read 911 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, August 19, 2016
« on: August 19, 2016, 07:04:25 AM »
Hello Friday!

I'm glad you're here! It's been a long week and not because there was anything wrong, but just busy.

Hopefully things will be a bit less busy for the weekend.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, August 19, 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:26:15 AM »
Good morning!

I am so glad it's Friday too.  Not sure why, because we never do anything exciting. :D

I ended up getting three bags of apples from my mother yesterday.  It was later than I had planned by the time I got home, so I didn't get them canned.  Hopefully that will be done today.  I'm ready for some good applesauce.

My plans for today include school with Emily, some housework, maybe picking up a couple of things at Wal-Mart, picking peppers, and making applesauce.  My days are not very exciting.

Have a great weekend!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 07:50:08 AM »
Good morning!   

Not sure I am glad it is Friday.  It means the week went by to fast. We take Megan to college tomorrow so packing it all today and her and her dad are making a tv stand. They have a desk made. Nothing like waiting till last minute. I am heading to check cows and run some errands in town. I was thinking we should have the grandparents out for supper tonight but we will see.  Need to give the house a cleaning and do some bookwork.  Ugh. I need to have lane put together his school supplies as he is always gone when the other kids do theirs.  Lots I need to accomplish better get moving.

Coffee on the go
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
Another happy girl to see Friday here!

Hubby returned from a work trip last night.  I have all the laundry done (so much less since our nest emptied out)!   Just in time to pack for the weekend!

This afternoon we are headed to a Christian music festival that our son is performing in.  He is a Christian hip hop artist (just on a local level at this point - he has a full time factory job that actually pays the bills).  Anyway, that is about an hour East of here, and then we will head north!!

Tonight we will stay at a friend's golf resort, and then tomorrow morning we are headed to my happy place!
Mackinac Island!

We will be there until Monday morning.  My best friend from high school and her husband are meeting us there, so it will be extra fun!  Hubby and his work partner are hosting some events at the Fudge Festival there, so he will have some duties, but mostly just relaxing and enjoying the Island.  Love, love, love!!!

Monday when we leave, we head West to Traverse City (wine capital of Michigan! Well, wine and cherries, but you know, wine!), until Tuesday.  He and his coworker are filming some commercials for some tourism thing in TC (not sure what it's for - I quit listening after "we need to be in Traverse City Monday and Tuesday"!! ;) ;D)

So, super fun weekend ahead for us.  Except, the weather may or may not cooperate. I am hopeful and prayerful that we will have mostly dry days at least on the island. Cloudy is fine, cool is fine, but I am not up for wet!

Hope everyone has a great weekend whether you are doing something big, doing something small, or doing a whole lot of nothing!  Good luck with the move Janice.
God Bless!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25