Author Topic: Friday, Dec. 30, 2016  (Read 763 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Dec. 30, 2016
« on: December 30, 2016, 06:03:12 AM »
Oh My - Ladies!

Here we are at the end of another year!!  What are you all doing for New Year's Eve?  We are staying home.
Thank. Goodness!!  So looking forward to just hanging out and not having to go anywhere!

We have been recording a Downton Abbey marathon and watching when we can.  Hope we can watch some of that tonight and then tomorrow as well.  I'm afraid if we don't watch some, the dvr will get full and not be able to hold all of it.  It has been fun watching it again.  We watched 3 episodes last night. 

Today I will take the tree down, and get all the holiday decorations put away. 

Also need to run to the store to get son some snacks and a case of water and such for his trip.  He will leave around dinner time to head to his gf's house. (about an hour south of us). They will leave early in the morning.

Hubby is hosting a radio show this morning for someone on vacation, so he will be out part of the morning.  I guess kind of easing back into work.  He goes back on Tuesday after being "off" for 2 weeks.  And when I say off - it is a loose representation of being off!  He has a very hard time disconnecting from work, but really has done a pretty good job at it this go round!

Guess I should get going and get a start on the day.  Hope everyone has a good one!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Friday, Dec. 30, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:42:19 AM »
Good Morning, Pam and others,

It's the last business day of the year for me and will be rather busy. I have to get two grocery items before the end of the year. I hope that we're staying home except for maybe a short visit to my parents and then on Sunday the busyness of getting kids to the airport begins. One goes Sunday, the other goes Monday and the our son goes back to school on Tues night.

We had a lot of fun last night. Our daughter studied in Peru about 3 years ago and made a lot of friends there. One of the girls married a young man from the group that was studying there and they now live near us. She is lonely here so we had her over yesterday visiting with my daughter and all my kids and her played games (her hubby had to work all day as did I). When I got home from work, we collectively put our brains together and made a traditional Peruvian meal. I have made this before so I knew how to make it. Her hubby came after work and my hubby came home after his work and we just had a wonderful dinner. The house smelled wonderful and it tasted so good. We played Skip Bo since she could play that better than word games since she speaks limited English.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats