Author Topic: Friday, August 4, 2017  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, August 4, 2017
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:08:04 AM »
Happy Friday!

It is a nice cool day today with temps only getting up to 69 degrees. That is a nice reprieve from the humidity. I'll be sure to enjoy it.

Last night we had our beef burritos that were really good but I also went ahead and did the BBQ ribs in the Instant Pot and they were so good (I had to taste them!). That is for those who come and go during the day today.

We went to the hospital to visit my sister in law. She has been dealing with a brain tumor for many years and though it is malignant it is taking it's toll on her. She is now totally blind but she contracted Hep. A and Hep. B somehow through all her hospital visits. The tumor isn't growing aggressively right now but it's there and she often has to be admitted to the hospital for fluid buildup or something else. She can't always tell them what's hurting or what's wrong because the tumor has left her with a child's mentality--not sure what age level--but she just can't put into words and can't think really well anymore. It's tough on my brother as well as he tends to her. She's only 55.

After we got home we went for a short walk because we weren't sure what the weather was supposed to be like. I thought it was supposed to rain and storm all night but I don't think it did. Today, after work I need to get some more blood work done and then get my blood pressure checked. My doctor put me on BP pills to help lower the levels. I monitor at home and I do see a bit of a decrease.

The weekend will be just trying to clean up around the house. I also want to make some bread. I have noticed that we have cut way down on our bread consumption since we've been drinking green smoothies for breakfast. We haven't had eggs for breakfast for 4 weeks although I have had eggs for supper once.

It's also my youngest child's 21st birthday tomorrow. She has organized a birthday party but mom and dad are not invited!  :'(

Alice
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:09:13 AM by Alice »
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, August 4, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 07:30:38 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any who may follow.

I too am enjoying the cooler Canadian front that has come in.  It is nice to have on a pair of jeans and to be comfortable.  I am hoping to get a walk in also. 

Sorry to hear about your sis in law Alice.  Hope your brother can stay strong.  Will keep them in prayer.  Hope you can get some answers on your BP.  I need to get hubs to take a little time to have his BP and cholesterol checked.  He has had trouble with the chol. in the past, so he needs to keep up on monitoring it.  It is usually controlled by diet, but not so sure he has been on top of that as of late.  Thank you for the reminder!

Today I need to run to the local grocery for a few things that are on sale.  We are grabbing pizza at a place near the theater for dinner, and then going to see the movie "Detroit".  It looks pretty interesting, but maybe a little graphic and frightening as well.  But it is of interest to us to see the history of one of our state's major cities.
It will be a nice relaxing evening I hope.

Yesterday I was able to run a couple of errands, but I still have a couple of places to run to.  Will do that this morning in conjunction with my trip to the grocery. 
Need to run the dishwasher, and will unload that when I get home. 

Looking forward to the weekend.  Hope to get some quality time with hubs as he leaves on Monday for work and won't be back until Friday.  I need to make a project list to work on while he is gone so that I don't waste away the week, and have some direction for my days!  ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!  Happy Birthday to your daughter Alice!  Once they hit that age, we parents are kind of unnecessary in the celebrations, aren't we?  ;)

Take care!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25