Author Topic: Friday, Aug. 11, 2017  (Read 1099 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Aug. 11, 2017
« on: August 11, 2017, 07:04:12 AM »
Good Morning All!!
 :) :D :) :D :)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, Aug. 11, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 07:10:40 AM »
Hello Ladies!!
It's Friday!  Yay for the weekend!

Not too much happening here in my world.  I need to do some clean up in the kitchen.  It's not too bad, but could use some attention.  With just me home, it has been pretty easy to keep things in order. 

Would like to get a walk in, but not sure what the weather holds.  We had thunderstorms last night, and it is still kind of dark and gloomy.  Not sure if it is to clear up later, or will be like this all day, or even if there is more rain on the way.  Will have to check to see if it would be safe to get out and walk.

I'm sure I can find some other things to do around the house to keep me busy.
I made a cucumber/tomato/bacon salad yesterday with some garden goodies, so I will have the rest of that for dinner tonight. 

Hope everyone has a great day!  Enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 07:12:35 AM »
Good morning,

I slept pretty well last night. For me, it is hit or miss.

I did my volunteer night last night and hubby wanted to come along. There was plenty for him to do but I could see he was very tired when the day ended. That's how I feel after working all day and then make dinner, eat, clean up, do my volunteer stuff and then come home super exhausted.

I had my daughters put the chicken in the oven but the problem was that it was partially frozen and they couldn't get the bag of giblets out. Finally they got it out and put the chicken in the oven. I was going to add a half batch of biscuits but read the ingredients and started putting in ingredients for a full batch (6 cups of flour!) so I had to make the full batch. I froze half of them for later. Then we had baked potatoes--3 of them for a family of five. So the girls added mac and cheese. And the salad from Wed. night. It was a feast and it was good.

Today is the final check and packing day for daughter leaving at 4 am tomorrow morning. This is going to be tricky to get everything packed in two pieces of luggage for the year. I'm trying to stay calm about this all. Once she's settled, I'll feel better.

Tonight is saying goodbye to hubby's mom is going to have pizza for us. Then tomorrow I will deep clean daughters room and get it ready for her return or if we have a guest that could sleep there. I also need to get a few grocery items tomorrow but not too much.

We haven't walked in two days and I don't think we can walk tonight so tomorrow we have to fit that in and my mom wants me to fill my gas tank using a coupon she has for 75 cents off per gallon so that is a job for Saturday also. I also want to get some peaches to freeze for our daily smoothies. Seconds or bruised if I can find them since I have seen how high peach prices are.

How's your day?

Alice

P.S. Pam, I saw you posted at the same time I did! I'll move my post into yours.
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 07:41:59 AM »
Good morning!

I haven't posted the past 2 days or so but my days have been pretty normal. :)

I woke up a little earlier than I planned to and decided to get to work on the family room/play room.  We are having more can lights installed next week to improve the lighting.  I have training meetings for my new job with the state school for the Deaf on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and our electrician is coming on Thursday morning.  I decided I would pack up everything we didn't need and move the toys upstairs to the living room.  Next week we'll move the couches out to the garage and move the entertainment center to the back hall out of the way.  I figure doing all that will make more room for our electrician to work, plus keep things cleaner.  The few wood pieces that will stay (because they're against the wall and won't get in his way) will get covered with plastic sheeting.  Then after he is done, we can do a deep clean of the room. 

So, I've packed all the books and decorative stuff into two big boxes.  They're tucked into a corner of the back hall so they don't need to be moved.  I wiped everything down before packing them.  I will continue to sort and organize things (especially toys!) and get things packed and moved today.

I have laundry to do so I'll keep that going while I work on the packing. 

This afternoon is the football Blue/Gold scrimmage, then immediately after that we will go to the neighborhood party.  That'll take care of dinner. :)

I will be in meetings all day next week for 3 days so I don't know when I'll get a chance to check in again.

See you all later!

Merilee