Author Topic: Friday, August 18, 2017  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, August 18, 2017
« on: August 18, 2017, 06:57:24 AM »
Happy Friday!

I'm so happy it's Friday! I have a lot to do this weekend so I'll be up bright and early tomorrow morning.

We had a fairly busy night last night. Nothing unusual but just the normal things. I made a huge pot of spaghetti. Having a lot of premade items is so necessary in our home since everyone works all different hours. I also baked another pound of bacon since we enjoyed BLTs so much earlier this week we wanted a repeat. Our neighbor has a big garden that we helped plant this spring so hubby asked if he had a few tomatoes we could have. YES!  A delicious heirloom was eaten on our BLTs.  Sooooo good.

I need to make some bread tomorrow and give the house a good vacuum. I cleaned the bathroom sink last night so probably toilets and the rest of the two bathrooms will need attention. The family keeps up on laundry but I think there will be a load tomorrow as well. I also need to get to the store for a few items--the big one is cat food. I told the cats this morning that they might die tomorrow due to starvation and the one cat shook her head "no". I can't let that happen so I will shop tomorrow. I have some canned food that they like and I also have one that they don't like. I bought some at Aldi and gave it to them and they walked away from it and did not touch it all night long. I have no idea what turned them off to that.

Our Aldi is going to close soon for a month of remodeling. That might happen quite soon if not already. Maybe I'll go to Walmart but I don't love that store. I want to price out a few things and they generally have good prices.

Tonight's dinner is up in the air as usual. I might have a lenthgy doctor appt. this afternoon for some allergy testing so everyone can just help themselves to that spaghetti and I'll eat whatever is there or I might try something new in my instant pot. Some kind of teriyaki chicken and rice in a separate bowl on top of the chicken. I want to try the pot in pot method but I have to make sure I have the correct type of glass bowls or stainless steel bowls that can be put inside the IP for cooking. I don't want anything to break inside the IP. Any ideas for me?

The weather looks dark and dreary today and that's fine with me. It keeps me focused.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, August 18, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 07:39:44 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any who my follow.

Had a nice afternoon and evening yesterday.  I should get a full time job as a chauffeur!  After hubs was done with their work, we went to his work partner's parents cottage on Lake Michigan for a little bit.  It is a cute little log cabin overlooking the lake.  So nice.  We didn't stay long, and then stopped on the way home for a burger.  It was relaxing, but by the time we got home, it was 9:30 or so.  Drove home in the rain, with some construction, so the drive was a little challenging. 

This morning I need to get a gift together to send out.  Will need to get that to the Post Office this afternoon.  Other than that, most things that I will do will be what I find throughout the day.

We are going out to dinner tonight.  It is restaurant week, and the PR person for the event invited us to attend.  I would probably rather just hang out at home, but it is a privilege to be offered this, so we will enjoy and appreciate it.

Leaving early early tomorrow morning for Mackinac Island.  Will meet up with son and his gf there.  Hubs is hosting some of the events for The Fudge Festival.  Most of his commitments are Sunday afternoon, so we will have tomorrow and Sunday morning to do whatever we want to.  Looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a great day. 
Would love to hear how your day is going!!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25