Author Topic: Friday, Aug. 25, 2017  (Read 1353 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Aug. 25, 2017
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:54:13 AM »
Hello Ladies!!

:) :) :) :) :)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, Aug. 25, 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:04:07 AM »
Hope you all are having a great day!

It was so so cold here this morning!  In the 40's.  Ridiculous for August!  But, it will warm up into the 70's later, so quite pleasant overall.

My day will consist of finishing cleaning the kitchen top to bottom.  Will save mopping for tomorrow, but will throw the rugs into the washer here in a few minutes and get those going. 

Not sure what we will do for dinner.  We have several gift cards we could use if we decide to go out, but we also have plenty of things I could make here.  Just need to think on it and figure it out before long so if I need to take meat out to thaw, I can.

Actually, Chinese sounds kind of good, so maybe I will do a chicken stir fry. 

Hubby should be home from Detroit later this afternoon.  Hopefully he can take this weekend totally off since he has been working a crazy amount of hours lately.  His boss is constantly on him to "only work 40 hours a week" and then in the next breath says "hey, you could do this project, or maybe this thing".  It is a constant struggle!!  He has a hard time saying no.  Not just to his boss, but to community members that want him to come to their events. 

Not much else happening here for today.  Some things tomorrow, but today is clean, clean, clean. 

Hope to hear what you all have going on!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 04:16:47 PM »
Hi Pam. :)

Didn't get much done today.  Just got back a couple of hours ago from town.  Had some rental business stuff to do.  Got home and the first batch of those cheap books had gotten delivered.  The kids had the box ripped open before we got it in the door ;D. Wow!  They are really good quality! :o  Some were even hardcovers!  The coloring books that I got for like 15 cents were, well I have actually never seen coloring books of that quality before.  Super thick pages.   

We were supposed to go to the orthopedic walk-in place to get my foot looked at today, but we were running late and you have to be there at least an hour before they close.  Hubby worked on my leg last night to see if possibly the foot pain was from my sciatic nerve or maybe tendons.  Wow!  That was painful, but I slept with no pain and woke up with my foot feeling about 70% better.  Makes me think it may actually be related to my sciatic nerve.  It hurts again now, so if it isn't better by early Monday morning, I guess I will get in an appointment as soon as they open.  Just want to make sure nothing is fractured so I don't end up with a broken foot.

Anyway, just started supper and we will probably just hang out here tonight. Saturday.....hmmmm.  I don't know yet.  We need to go get a new element for one of our ovens.  It went out this week.  Will need some more groceries, I am sure.  May try to get school supplies if my foot isn't too awful bad.  Don't really know what else. Hubby and older boys are usually busy with rental stuff in the morning, so I try to get laundry done, house straightened, and lunch fixed before they get home so we can just eat and leave for the afternoon.

That's it for me.

Lindsay

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 05:06:59 PM »
Good evening!

I've been MIA this week because---school started!  I leave at 7:45 each morning and get home about 4 pm Monday through Thursday, then 2 pm on Fridays.  I have always been a morning person so I've been getting up at 6 am and using that hour and 45 minutes to get a few things done around the house as well as getting myself ready.  That does not leave time for posting! 

I guess I'll report in at the end of the day instead of posting in the morning now. :)

School went well.  Although the kids are all Deaf, there are quite a few with additional needs so I do a lot of one-on-one.  I jump between kindergarten, resource and third grade.  I like that--I like the changes through the day. ;)

I'm figuring out my new normal with homemaking.  For sure I'll do a load of laundry each day instead of one big laundry day a week.  More of the kitchen work will be delegated to the other family members, and I will INSIST that the kitchen be cleaned to completion.  Too many times whoever was supposed to "clean up" just put away the food and cleared the dishes, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher.  The table was not wiped off and chairs pushed in; trash was not thrown away; recyclables were not put in the recycling bin; the hand washables were not done.  So I would do all of that.  No more.  I'll be making a checklist that whoever is in charge of the kitchen will be expected to follow.  I don't want to spend my mornings cleaning up last night's mess.  I will also have the day's activities end at 8 pm.  That should work on Sunday-Thursday.  Tuesday Alex has Cub Scouts but the meeting is over at 8, so he should be home by 8:15 at the latest.  We'll pick up the house, choose clothes for tomorrow, finish any homework that needs finishing, prepare backpacks and lunches and get ready for bed at 9. 

We had our new basement lights put in last week and they are fabulous.  We also bought a new TV stand (the Hemnes from Ikea).  Our old entertainment center was the old fashioned kind with the big box in the middle for the square TV and a cabinet on the side and a smaller one below.  We've been putting the TV on top of the whole thing and using the TV space for photo album storage.  We decided to "upgrade" and bought the Hemnes.  We like it much better--the TV is more at eye level.  Anyway, all this created quite a mess in the basement with clearing stuff out for the lights work, then moving things around to accommodate the new TV stand.  So this weekend's project is to get the basement back in order.  I'm going to use the old entertainment center for storage in the office.

Christie moved out on Sunday for college.  She started an orientation class for incoming freshmen this week and school for all students starts on Monday.  She's quite excited.  Jordan's quite excited because he gets to move into her room.  That's another project for this weekend--get the old furniture moved out (it's fairly feminine and I haven't got any more girls, so out it goes).  The bed will stay but the dresser, desk and nightstand will be given away or sold.  We need to paint but Jordan really wants to get in there so I told him he could sleep in there starting tomorrow night but to wait until we got the room painted before moving any other furniture in.

Tonight is Jordan's football game.  Either Steven or I will go.  We decided we'd alternate going since the two younger boys aren't really interested in the game and Christie's not here to stay with them anymore.  (That's proving to be quite an adjustment--having one less babysitter. :) )  Tomorrow will be getting the bedroom furniture moved out to the garage and getting the house cleaned up.  Lots of bins and boxes to go through.

Have a great weekend!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 07:38:43 AM »
Merilee,

Where will Christie go when she comes home for breaks and summer? Will she have a place somewhere else in the house? We kept all our kids' rooms ready for them when they come home.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 09:25:39 PM »
As things have been, we have the three boys in one bedroom downstairs.  Alex and Nathan, the younger ones, have bunk beds.  Jordan has a regular twin bed.  Christie had a regular twin bed in her bedroom upstairs.  She did not need to take any furniture with her so the beds are staying where they are.  Jordan will use the bed that Christie used, and one of the beds in the boys' room (probably the top bunk) will be unused. 

Jordan understands that when she comes home during the school year, she will sleep in her old bedroom and he will move back downstairs temporarily.  He won't move all his stuff.  Christie is planning to go on an LDS mission next summer so she won't be home for the entire summer.  We had a discussion about this some time ago so Jordan knows there will be some times he has to give up his bed.  He's OK with it.  I'd love to leave her room ready for her but Jordan really wants his own room.  As long as he understands there will be times he has to temporarily vacate it, we'll make things work. 

Merilee,

Where will Christie go when she comes home for breaks and summer? Will she have a place somewhere else in the house? We kept all our kids' rooms ready for them when they come home.

Alice