Author Topic: Wednesday, January 27th, 2016  (Read 924 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
« on: January 27, 2016, 06:19:50 AM »
Good morning!

Off to take Maddy to school in just a minute, so will make this short.  Had some coffee.  No hike today.  Max is better and going back to school but now Micah is staying home sick.  Kind of getting cabin fever.  ;)  Didn't get nearly as much done as I "should" have yesterday because Max wanted me to snuggle some and then I kept dozing along with him.  Oh well...he is only little once, right?

Hope you all have a good day!
Catherine

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, January 27th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:15:30 AM »
We're kind of bouncing a bit with weather around here lately. We had a mini-storm roll through early evening and through the night last night with snow, ice and I don't know whatever. I shoveled at 9 pm last night and that was about 4 inches of very heavy snow and this morning was another 2 to 3 inches. No roads were plowed this morning and were very icy out by me but then some of the main roads were just slushy. Strange weather.

I have this strange itch to go looking for adult coloring books. My vision isn't so good to do knitting or anything like that but yet I want to "do" something at night other than watch tv. Thinking this might just be the thing.

Also, the meal plans of diving into the freezer has been beneficial all of January. But, now the refrigerator is very empty. All the fresh items are gone but we still have stuff in the big freezer. I was hoping to wait until after a payday on Jan. 31 but I just don't know if I can make it a few more days. Actually payday might come early like on Jan. 29 due to the weekend but I'm not sure.

I want to get my hair trimmed but the cost is holding me back. I had all one length hair and it is very heavy so I had a salon gal put layers in it but that looked like a bad haircut. Now it is shoulder length (a bit longer) with layers growing out and I think I just want it thinned out. I don't necessarily want long hair but more shoulder length. And I wear bangs. I can pull it up partially with a clip at the top of my head but I think I'm too old for a clip. But it beats having it hang in my face. I just don't know what to do.

Dinner tonight will be ______________. I have no idea! Maybe BBQ on buns if I can get the buns made since I don't have any of those. And I'll probably use ground turkey.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »
Good morning!

Got a text from the twins' mom that she is sick so no child care today.  I do have to pick up Jordan for football and tonight is youth activities at church.

I'm working on my menu and making up  my shopping list.  Then I will go do the shopping and run other errands.  When I get home I'll get the stuff put away and work on the house.  I got the Christmas ornament photography project done yesterday and Steven took down the tree so I will start on deep cleaning the living room.  I am also planning to clean out all the "holding" boxes that I have laying around.

I also want to get all the ornament pictures transferred to my computer so I can go through them and choose the best ones.  Then I'll transfer them to my Dropbox and use my Project Life app to scrapbook the pages.  Hope to get this project done by the end of the week.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:41:10 AM »
Just a quick hello so you don't think I've went MIA again lol.

Have had 2 meetings this week right after work in the morning and another one again tomorrow. Had to switch out my bus yesterday so it could have it's checkup and tomorrow right after work and meeting have to be at Alana's house to keep an eye on the cat. They are bringing her new stove tomorrow so the door will be open while they are switching them out. Her cat does not tolerate being closed in any room for any reason lol.

Busy week but will be back as soon as I can
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 12:16:03 PM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!:

I actually braved the weather (more accurately the cold), and went to my weight watchers meeting this morning. Walked 3.5 miles with my friend after the meeting, and then we bopped over to Freshii for a quick bite.  It felt good to get a little activity in.  I needed that.

Scheduled a haircut for Friday morning, so that too will be a good task done.  Will apply color this weekend.  That's one way I can see when I need a cut.  The gray and other roots start to rear their ugliness! 

Stopped on my way home to pick up a gift card for college son's girlfriend.  Her birthday is tomorrow, so needed to get that taken care of.  Hubby is headed down to see said son tomorrow and give him his rent check for Feb., so he can drop the gift with him then too. 
This son has chosen the college that he will transfer to in the fall, so that is a good thing off the docket!  He had several offers from baseball coaches, and he has decided on Indiana University South Bend.  I think it will be a good fit for him. He is at a community college right now, so he needs to transfer to finish his bachelor's degree.  He has had a good portion of tuition paid through baseball, so that has been such a blessing for him.  At IUSB he will also have some academic scholarships, so that will help.

Not too much else happening here. Will chill for a bit, and then get a start on dinner.  Baked Tilapia, brown rice, veggie, and a salad.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening!

Alice: I have seen some of the Adult Coloring books at Five Below. The ones at the craft stores (Michaels etc.) can be pretty pricey, and they don't accept coupons on those.  At least at Five Below, they are a little less. I got a couple of those books for Christmas, and have enjoyed them.  It really is kind of relaxing!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 01:17:37 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies.

I have been out all morning.. a couple classes at the gym, the chiropractor, quick stop at the grocery store and now back home.  I have showered and now I am having a salad and watching The Chew before I get started around the house.

Today, I'll be doing laundry and some organizing.  T has swimming and youth group this evening so I will need to get him fed before then.  Both boys are at their language and history classes right now.

Better finish my lunch and get started with the rest of the day... maybe I'll have coffee first though.  ;)

Happy Wednesday!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 05:44:17 PM »
Good evening ladies,
   I finally made it home tonight. I have been gone for 8 days and boy did I miss home, but I had lots of hours to work and the weather was so iffy, I just ended up staying at Ron's. Kevin said he didn't think I was ever coming home. LOL My Callie cat and our little Buddy sure missed me. Callie has been wallowing all over me. LOL Buddy about went nuts when I got home. LOL Now Aeris couldn't have cared one way or another. LOL Oh well. good to be home, but we have another major storm coming in on tues., so looks like I will be back at my brother's house next week.  :(
   Actually, Ron and I had lots of fun together. I cooked for us. He kept bringing home special stuff for me to cook. I also kept things cleaned up and our laundry all done. He said he was really going to miss me. LOL I even watched 2 football games with him. LOL I didn't really enjoy them, but I have learned to like the hunting shows. Still don't care for the fishing shows, though. LOL
   I have the next 2 days off. Tomorrow will be a busy day for me. I have to restock everything, chicken and duck food, cat food, Buddy food, Kevin food  ;D , and lots of odds and ends I need. I decided to buy more toiletries and just leave them at Ron's so I can quit carrying things back and forth all the time.
   I hope you are all having a great week. I will talk to you sometime tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie