Author Topic: Friday, November 27  (Read 678 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, November 27
« on: November 27, 2015, 06:25:12 AM »
Good morning!

Whew! I made it to the weekend. :)  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  We went to my parents and ate way too much.  It was good to get to see some we hadn't seen in a while.  My nephew has been working in Belgium and he's home now.  I am so glad especially after hearing how it's been there for a couple of weeks.

Anyone going shopping today?  I plan on staying home and cleaning.  I am mostly done with my Christmas shopping so getting out in the crowd doesn't appeal to me at all. 

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, November 27
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
Good morning!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving.  We spent the day at my parents' home.  It was so nice to be with the family.  The day was cold and the area north of us (where we were going) got snow the night before so it was beautiful.

Today is clear and cold.  My weather app says it's 21 degrees outside.  Brr!  I have to go out to the shed to get the fall decoration boxes and I'd like to get the Christmas boxes moved into the garage.  Hopefully I can get several hands helping so we can do that quick and not spend too long outside! 

Today we are staying home and relaxing.  I have started taking down the fall decorations.  I want to do a thorough clean of the house before we put up the Christmas decorations.  For the first time, we aren't putting up the tree and decorating the first days of December.  I am using many of my decorations for a church Christmas party on Saturday the 5th so I don't really see any reason to put everything up (especially the tree), just to have to pack a lot of it up for the party.  So we'll do some of our other Christmas activities the first week and put up the tree and decorations on Dec. 7.

I'm trying to figure out how to store my wheat stalks that I used for my cornucopia.  They are too long for a plastic box, and I don't want to just put them in a bag.  I thought of maybe using mailing tubes but everywhere I've looked online only sells them in bulk and I really only need 1.  Any ideas?

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:26:29 AM »
Merilee, how long are the wheat stalks?  Would they possibly fit in the tube from a roll of wrapping paper?  You could fold the ends inward and tape shut. Just a thought.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
You could buy at an office supply store and I think the post office has that mailer also.