Author Topic: Tuesday, May 17, 2016  (Read 687 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, May 17, 2016
« on: May 17, 2016, 06:22:41 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, May 17, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 06:32:23 AM »
I have more of countdown on than the kids think for getting out of school.  We are suppose to have a nice week weather wise. I am gonna have to get some water on the yard. I hope to find sometime to pull more weeds. Today we test bulls after lunch.  I hope to make it in to town to get Asheleys checking account. The bank is open longer on Tuesdays.  I don't know how many times I have told her we would get it done.  We wil see.  I need to go around the rest of the cows today after I do chick morning chores.  I have lots of laundry and straightening around here. I do have to do bookwork.  I need to make a list of things that need done around here so when kids need a job through summer they will know.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, May 17, 2016
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07:12 AM »
Good morning!

Didn't get as much done yesterday as I would have liked so today is more of the same.  Basic housekeeping and getting things done.

I do need to start making more concrete plans for our family vacation that is coming up next week  We are renting a beach house with a fully equipped kitchen so I need to make a menu plan and see what I can make ahead of time and what we'll buy when we get there.  Also check over stuff like swim gear to make sure everyone has everything they need, and it all fits.

I also need to look through the fridge and revamp the menu plan to use up as much of the food in the fridge as possible before we leave on vacation next week.

Christie had her final choir concert for the year last night.  The Concert Choir sang one song, "I Will Rise" and three of the choir kids who have Deaf parents (Christie is one of them) signed the song.  It was beautiful to see but what REALLY brought tears to my eyes was that at the very end of the song, the whole group (looked like around 50 of them) signed the last 3 words--I will rise.  Just like non-harmonized voices would be a little bit jarring to hear, to see unharmonized signing would also be jarring visually.  It's only 3 words, but for a group that large, who don't know ASL, to be as "together" as they were--well, it was just amazing.

Today I have the twins, football and Alex probably will have soccer practice.  Dinner tonight will be what I planned for last night since we ended up with other food.  Grilled steaks, grilled potatoes n onions, salad, fruit. 

Have a great day!

Merilee