Author Topic: Thursday, August 28, 2014  (Read 1006 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, August 28, 2014
« on: August 28, 2014, 06:21:20 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, August 28, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:33:36 AM »
We have Ashley's friend with us as her folks left yesterday when her brother was taken by ambulance as he is sick.  Not sure what yet.  Just glad she could come.  We had rain in the night so I doubt I can haul hay so I need to get camper ready and be in kitchen and get all the bedding cleaned around here.  Of course bookwork, dishes and laundry.  I am thinking zucchini bars, something with pumpkin for camping.  Guess I need to make a list

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 06:49:55 AM »
Good morning, everyone.

My plans for the day include school with Emily, laundry, laundry, and more laundry, making salsa, general housecleaning, and finally getting my September menu done.

I need to go pick some peppers for the salsa so I'll talk to you all later.  Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 08:04:50 AM »
Good Morning!

It's been a weird, busy couple of weeks!  Jean finished a job and then hurt his shoulder the next day, and that happened to line up with my boss' two week vacation, so Jean and I have been out of the house a lot.  From the first day of his injury that we spent at the doctor's office and hospital, then I took a trip to Ikea with my mom, and then yesterday we went to a big book fair about an hour and a half away.  We were home on Sunday, but we had a Worship Arts Planning Team meeting/cookout, so luckily the house is still pretty clean from that ;D. It definitely feels good to be home and back to normal today!  Our poor hound, Grimm, is pretty happy about it too ;D!

So, on tap for today is:

*Making the bed (changing sheets)
*Laundry (1-2 loads plus a HUGE amount to be folded and put away)
*Vacuuming
*NSA work
*Water garden
*Replace dying bush

Dinner tonight is supposed to be cauliflower alfredo, but we had such a big lunch while out yesterday that we didn't eat the pork roast I had in the Crock*Pot for last night's dinner, so it'll be whichever Jean wants.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 09:04:13 AM »
Good morning!  Yesterday was so busy I didn't get a chance to post.  My FIL had hip replacement surgery on Tuesday.  Yesterday I got a bit of the food shopping done, then went to see FIL in the hospital with my husband.  Then I took the younger two boys to get something to eat before picking up the high school carpool.  Christie needed some stuff for her classes so we went and got that shopping done.  Her church activity was an hour earlier than usual since they were having an end-of-summer BBQ.  The leader whose house the BBQ was at lives about 20 minutes away so that was some driving time.  I also stopped at the grocery store to finish the food shopping after dropping her off.

Just got home from dropping Steven (DH) at the airport.  He is flying east for work for the next 4 days.  I will spend today catching up with stuff.  Alex and Nathan want to go to the farm to see the animals so we'll head over there in a bit.  I also have a church sister to visit at 1 pm then the HS carpool.  If older kids want to, we'll go see FIL again tonight.

Dinner will be chicken pot pie, salad and fruit.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:57:31 AM »
Good morning,
   I have today off. Also had yesterday off. I got the laundry all caught up yesterday. We got 1 3/10 inches of rain yesterday morning, so it was a nasty day, then very muggy in the afternoon. So far today I have done the chores and patched Kevin's overalls. I do not enjoy mending, so that was a big feat for me.  ;)
   I got my schedule for September. I will be working every day but 7. Kind of overwhelmed me at first, but I prayed about it and I am ok now. Kevin put in more applications today. So far, he has not had a nibble. Not looking too promising to us, but I have not given up hope. With me only working 4 1/2 to 5 hours a day, I am getting about the same hours as Nettie, who only works 11 days out of the month. LOL Nettie is on the verge of retiring, so Carolyn wanted me trained to step into her place. The only thing is, I think I would have to go to work at 4:30 a.m.  :o I am so not a morning person. That would be difficult for me to adjust to.  :-\
   I am doing pretty good physically. I have lost 7 pounds since I started. Today my fasting blood glucose was 107 and BP was 110/80. All of those numbers are down since beginning to work. I hope to keep taking off weight. I am much more active. The key is to stay out of all of the goodies that are always in the kitchen at work.  :D I am also trying lots harder to leave gluten alone. I had been ignoring that little problem until I had a flareup that really reminded me.  :(
   I may either sew a bit today or try to get something sandwiched for hand quilting. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie