Author Topic: Monday, May 1, 2017  (Read 1122 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, May 1, 2017
« on: May 01, 2017, 07:39:07 AM »
Happy May Day Ladies!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, May 1, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:51:50 AM »
Good Morning any who may pop in today!

I have an unusual day for me today. 

I have a couple of errands to run real quick.  Kohl's, Penzey's spices, and to a party supply store.  Unusual places for me, but I need to do it today. 

Around 3:00 we will be headed south to son's baseball games.  Not too far south, just South Bend, but all games were postponed over the weekend, so they are today and tomorrow.  We feel like we should go today, since playoffs start this weekend, and we are not sure if we can make it because of other commitments.  It's just getting to be a busy time of year for us.  Hopefully the playoff games will be streamed on the internet so we can watch that way. 

Hubs has a ton of work to do today, but will get as much done before 3 as possible, and then he can work in the car while I drive.  It should work out okay.  We will be checking in to see if the the games are still on as the weather can be questionable down there.

I need to get some laundry going.  I have put it off long enough!  We are in need of clean clothes!

I will put together some food to take along with us so we don't have to stop at a fast food place. 

Our weekend was nice.  We did some yard work Saturday morning before the rain moved in.  The rest of the afternoon and evening, we just hung out and watched some tv and baseball games.  It was a low key day.  Yesterday we had to go to an awards event for hubs' job.  He got an Associated Press award for some of his work.  It was a long afternoon event, but nice to go.
I should have started laundry last night, but just didn't really think of it.

Off I go to get started and get my running around done.
Hope everyone has a nice May Day!!  Hoping the April showers slow down so the May flowers can pop up!!  (not for a few days for us thought I fear)

Looking forward to hearing about your day ahead!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 12:25:52 PM »
Hi Pam and anyone else who shows up.

It has been a CRAZY, BUSY day for me so far. Lots of work to do on this May 1. Add to that, our youngest daughter needs some help with some important paperwork and I am burning the wick at both ends today. No lunch break for me since I had to work through it to get some phone calls done and paperwork researched. Oh, the joy of college aged kids.

We ended up getting groceries Friday night and hubby put in the cart his impulse buys. Naughty. But I guess that's what I get for taking him along! We really only bought things to assist us in making meals not the bigger ticket items. Grapes, Grapefruit, nuts, brussel sprouts, celery, milk, yogurt. We had a pork roast hubby bought and we had pulled pork for several meals, BBQ pork, pork veggie soup.

Yes, Pam, we're ready for the rain to move out. But have you noticed how GREEN all the lawns are? And the trees are budding and the leaves are coming out! It was very fresh outside this morning.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »
Yes Alice, the greenery sure is nice to see!!

I do appreciate every inch of it since it proves that the season I call "ugly Michigan" is officially over!!  So happy for that!!

Hope you get your paperwork sorted out!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years