Author Topic: Monday, September 28  (Read 754 times)

Offline Cheryl

Monday, September 28
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:13:16 AM »
Good morning, at least for a little while longer. ;)

I am sitting in the library while Emily is working on her math.  I came to meet a friend, but she's running late.  We're using this time to read and do school work.  It's a cool, dreary day and I think I could probably hang out here all day, if only I had nothing else to do.

I miss hearing from you all.  I hope you're all out having fun. :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, September 28
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »
Good morning Cheryl and all

Still morning here for another hour.  Still cutting silage for 3rd day in row. Normally we cut 1 day. Lots to cut. We will still have some left but we will turn cows in it.  We went into town and had breakfast with some friends who will be hopefully feeding calves for this year.  Then another customer called and will be bringing some this week instead of next week. 

the kids had an awesome experience on hunt this weekend. Allisons ticket was chosen to go with the tv guide and Levi got a coyote that they got on tape and will use on show. Then the presenter had a special presentation and he gave her his gun!! It was very moving. He said his stipulation was he had to go hunting with her again. He is such a neat  guy. I was about in tears and shaking. I am still in shock. He was like our friend we hadn't seen for awhile. We were so blessed. They don't make many people as nice and qenuine as him and his camera guy. They were just amazingly the nicest people. Unbelievable.

So in between running food, drinks and snacks to Ross and my dad (we conned him into helping us today) I am doing some house and bookwork,  The usual laundry and dishes.  Allison has a home game at 4 today.

gotta run
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, September 28
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:29:20 AM »
Good morning!

It's been a long time since I've posted.  I know I'm very sporadic with it--I want to do better.  I enjoy reading about your days, even though you may think it's "same old same old", it's still interesting (and motivating!) for me to read.  So I assume it's the same for you.

What have I been up to?  Well, school started Aug 19 and we've been going nonstop since.  I've got a junior, a freshman and a 1st grader.  Christie tried out for the school musical and got into the ensemble cast.  Jordan is playing football for the high school team.  Between that and school (they're both taking honors and AP classes), they're very busy.  Alex and Nathan are playing rec center soccer.  I am coaching Nathan's team.  It's fun and an unique experience because half the kids are Deaf and the other half have Deaf parents.  So between all the practices, games, picking up and dropping off, plus my own work to do (both home and Church), I am keeping quite busy!

This week will be challenging because Steven is gone to New York for work.  He picks up Christie and Jordan from the high school after their practices, which is a really big help since that's when I'm making dinner.  If I had to stop to go to school to pick them up, we'd be eating dinner about 8 every night. :)  So this week is going to be very simple meals that don't take too much time to make.

Today I need to finish putting away laundry, do another load or two, wash my sheets, make bread, tidy the house, clean out the van, work on the office (it's perpetually messy!), figure out meals for this week, "shop" in the freezer, and do any other little tasks I can fit in here and there.  Today's my day to do football carpool so I pick up the boys at 3:45 and drop them off.  (9th grade is in the junior high building, but if the junior high does not have a particular sports team, the 9th graders can try out for the high school team.  Junior high does not have a football team, so the 9th graders play on the sophomore HS team).  I'll go back at 5:30 to pick up Christie, then again at 6:30 to pick up Jordan.  Lucky school's only a few miles away!  We don't have anything scheduled this evening after Christie and Jordan get home, so we'll spend the evening doing homework, scripture reading and Family Home Evening.

Hope you all have a great day!

Merilee