Author Topic: Wednesday, August 3, 2016  (Read 761 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, August 3, 2016
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:37:54 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, August 3, 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »
Oh windy and suppose to be 100. ugh I was going to stain outside of rental house but to windy.  I just want to get these things done while I have the kids home.  I think I will go down and clean out chicken coop some.  It is something you cant do all in one day but baby steps. I have been trying to get kids organized for school. I am taking up some cleats and clothes they have outgrown to a resell shop where they give you cash.  They are in good shape so just as well.  I am trying to think what I am making for lunch.  We have a brisket on traeger for supper.  Ross and kids are setting up panels again for giving fall shots tomorrow morning. Well better make a list ...

Coffee time
Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:43:10 AM »
Oh my goodness, Janice, at first I read that as the wind was supposed to be at 100...as in, miles per hour! Not that 100* is much better!

Good morning all!

It's been AGES since I've posted, but I do check in regularly.  Even still, not much has changed around here!  I had surgery to remove my gallbladder on July 20th, and even though I recovered incredibly well (the medical staff was astonished!), I got kind of lazy around the house and spent a lot of time on the couch.  It didn't help that as soon as I got home we entered a week of insane heat and humidity.  I think I took the 'take it easy for two weeks' instructions a little too literally ;D.  I'm back on track now, and looking forward to fall, when I always seem to 'nest' a bit more.

I spent all day yesterday out with mom shopping and running errands, so on the schedule for today is:

*Make bed
* Breakfast
* Bible study
* Check garden/deck pots
* Work out
* Wash couch slipcover
* Sweep deck
* Dust master bedroom & all doors
* Go over master bath
* Enter receipts for rebates
* Go over hall bath
* Knit (currently working on a baby sweater for a gift)
* Vacuum
* Start dinner
* Make dessert

I've got my 'Hymns 4 Worship' station on Pandora, and I'm ready to tackle this to-do list!  Dinner tonight is a chicken and noodle recipe that mom recommended.

Have a wonderful day on your homesteads, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 12:38:11 PM »
Mandy, so glad that your surgery went well and you recovered so easily!! :D  You have been so busy today for someone on the mend! :o

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 01:28:36 PM »
Hello girls!

The rest of my day needs to incorporate:  more curriculum research (almost done!), laundry, ironing, workout, work with preschoolers on letter recognition, some cleaning (maybe??), and dinner which will be easy tonight.  Also need to make a Vitacost order and start working on this months Azure order.  That should fill the rest of my day. Tonight, maybe fit in an episode or so of the new season of Mountain Men.

You girls have a good one! :)

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »
Good Morning!
You ladies all sound like you have a full day ahead!  Mandy: so glad your surgery went well and didn't keep you down any longer than you wanted it to!

I have a little less eventful day myself.  We have been on the run all week so far.  Fun stuff, but still, not at home much.
Hubby and I went to a beach town on Tuesday for the afternoon.  He had the day off since he was just wrapping up a big project at work.  It was a nice day together.

Yesterday, I went to weight watchers, then walked and lunched with my friend.  In the afternoon hubs & I headed north to check out and photograph a covered bridge.  Hit a couple of cute little towns on the way home, so not much got done around here.

Today, being home, means I need to do some general cleaning that has been ignored as of late.  Just things like dusting and vacuuming, decluttering, and such.  Unloaded the dishwasher, but need to re-load that. 
Also need to menu plan. Totally behind on that.

Hope everyone had a great day! Stay cool if you are in a heat zone!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25