Author Topic: Wednesday, August 17  (Read 767 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, August 17
« on: August 17, 2016, 05:25:05 AM »
Good morning!  Where is everybody? 

I've been meaning to post on here, but with school starting and trying to fit in the last few canning projects during my 'free' time, it just hasn't happened.

We're in our second week of school, so I am beginning to get into a routine.  So far, so good.  I hope it continues to go like this.

Today is school work with Emily and then deep cleaning my living room.  It's still hot and dry around here, so I'm staying in the AC.  We haven't had rain in weeks and our grass is all dried up.  The garden is cooked.  The only thing left living in it is a few pepper plants and the late planting of beans. 

Hope you all have a great day! 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, August 17
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
I'm here and I try to read every day but there's nothing to read!

It has been so very busy in my life but I'm thinking the busyiness is coming to a slow down! One child has moved to Honduras to teach, the other two are readying to move into their apartments for the school year. We got all their dishes, cooking stuff, and whatever else, ready to go so now we wait two more weeks. That's the extent to my school preparations since they are adults they take care of the rest.

We haven't taken any time off from work for a vacation and our 30th anniv. is Sept. 5 and we have no plans for that either!

It was very hot and dry around here but we had several days of rain in the last couple weeks and more is on the way. My grass still looks like it has dead spots and I'm not sure it can revive so we'll see.

Not much else happening in my world!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 07:05:54 AM »
Alice, I was just thinking earlier this morning how we haven't been on a vacation in years!  Emily was about 18 months old the last time and she's now 12.  We're due for a break!  We've taken day trips, but nothing big in over 10 years.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 07:13:31 AM »
10 years is a long time!  We had our last family vacation in 2010 but only day trips since then. I do take vacation days but then I stay home and work on a project so that's not much of a vacation. My life is too expensive to go away on vacation. The kids will be done with college in two years and then maybe I can think of a vacation. But by then I need my vision and hearing checked because I've put that off while we help our kids pay for college. We can't afford to do college, vacations and vision/hearing so they will get checked off in due time. In the meantime, you will hear me ask to have conversations repeated and I use reading glasses and squint a lot. I probably could use an annual physical and maybe have some lady stuff checked out while I'm at it.

Ah, the stresses of getting old! Not loving this at all.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats