Author Topic: Wednesday, August 13, 2014  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, August 13, 2014
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:22:33 AM »
Good morning!

It's a beautiful day here.  I got up, went on my morning walk, had my coffee and breakfast, and now I'm enjoying a little computer time before I get started on the rest of my day.

I need to get Emily going, feed the chickens, jump in the shower, do a little cleaning, and get supper going in the crockpot before my mother gets here.  We're going out today to do a little shopping.  I mean, my mother is doing some shopping.  Emily & I are just along for the ride! ;)  It's good to get out of the house and have lunch out somewhere.

Hope you all have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

Re: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:24:30 PM »
Good afternoon Cheryl and anyone else who reads this.  Yesterday and today have been busy days at home.  Yesterday was the usual and taking care of littles.  Also got all the exterior doors (except the big front door) painted with the help of DS11.  Since we got the front porch railing painted Saturday, the only thing left to paint outside is the front door. A pain, but needs to be done every other year at least.  Today has been school, laundry, cleaned all of the bathrooms and more laundry.  Getting ready to do some ironing then put the ironing board away for the weekend. :)  Need to get something "extra" accomplished but not sure what yet.  Hope to squeeze in a run/walk later too, but that is wishful thinking probably. ;)

Cheryl, you get so much done so early! :)  Have a good day out of the house and a wonderful lunch that you did not have to cook. ;)

Is anyone else concerned that our little group of friends seems to be dwindling?  I know we don't talk that much, but I would be sad if our board disappears and really miss hearing from everyone. :(

Have a great day!
Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 01:46:36 PM »
Lindsay, I've noticed that people aren't posting as much lately but I hope we don't lose the board. :(

I'm on FB but I just don't really get into it.  It's not the same as having the different forums to post in.  I much prefer to be here than on Facebook.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »
Good evening!

Our numbers here on the board do seem to be dwindling a bit. I hope we can keep the board active. I'm not on facebook, so I like keeping up on everyone here.

Today was busy! Lots to get done, and everything seemed to take longer than the time I had allotted for the task!  ::)

Tonight I'm going to look for some new slow cooker recipes and read for a while.

Have a great evening!!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
I visit every day but do not post very often. I don't want to board to go away either!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 07:03:05 AM »
I miss the good old days of the board, too.  But I find that the "challenge" type threads (particularly financial and grocery buying), which have been so encouraging to me in the past, just aren't the same with minimal participation so am kind of moving away from bothering with it.  :/  Plus, I'm on several fb groups these days.  I stop in here and there to read about the days of those left on here, though.  Miss you ladies.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:35 AM »
I miss the good old days of the board, too.  But I find that the "challenge" type threads (particularly financial and grocery buying), which have been so encouraging to me in the past, just aren't the same with minimal participation so am kind of moving away from bothering with it.  :/  Plus, I'm on several fb groups these days.  I stop in here and there to read about the days of those left on here, though.  Miss you ladies.

I miss the challenge threads too.  I will continue to post here because I can't get into those groups on fb.  Way too many people for me to be comfortable posting anything slightly personal about myself and/or family. 

Why can't we bring those threads back again?  What would it take to breathe new life into them? 

What would it take to get more people posting here?  Anyone have thoughts/ideas?  Let's find a way and not give up. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 07:41:52 AM »

I miss the challenge threads too.  I will continue to post here because I can't get into those groups on fb.  Way too many people for me to be comfortable posting anything slightly personal about myself and/or family. 

Why can't we bring those threads back again?  What would it take to breathe new life into them? 

What would it take to get more people posting here?  Anyone have thoughts/ideas?  Let's find a way and not give up.

I hear you on the big fb groups.  They get too big and sometimes snarky.  But I'm on a couple of "secret" ones (just means the adminstrator has made them that way so the public can't see them) with really encouraging sweet people.  These are both smaller ones.

Not sure how to rejuvenate the challenge threads.  Maybe it feels hard personally right now because I'm playing with how I even do things.  For example, I've been shopping at Aldi the past month and forgoing buying organic dairy.  But I'm not sure that is a permanent change.  We're just trying to figure out how to have lots of food (hungry kiddos) without spending way too much AND to still allow some wiggle room in the budget for some "fun" activities.  One (possibly two) kid wants to join the Y swim team, we just got a family membership at the Y ($49 a month including childcare which is super reasonable but still has to come from somewhere), and a couple other activities coming up.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 07:58:26 AM »
I'm in a couple of "secret" groups too, but it's still not the same as posting here on the boards.  I don't have a smart phone, I can't stay connected to fb like a lot of people can because to get on there I have to be at the computer or on my kindle.  It's just not convenient for me.  I like the fact that I can keep up with these threads a lot easier than fb.  I lose my place on fb and can't keep up with what's going on half the time.  I like being able to sit down and read at my own pace and respond personally to someone.

We can work together to find solutions to our financial challenges.  We're all in different places in our lives, but that's what makes it interesting. 

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
I hope to get back to posting more regularly on here. I just need to get used to our new life. I too am on FB and in some groups, but it isn't the same. It is so hard to find anything if you don't keep right on it. LOL I would miss this board terribly, so I need to do my part to keep it active. I think things will pick up once summer activities die down a bit. I love all you ladies.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie