The Craft Room > Christmas Club

Chrsitmas 2013

<< < (2/8) > >>

Pat in Tenn:
I have actually already bought some gifts! Lol... When I see things on sale, I grab it....

But I am also looking at making a few things this also.... Time to start thinking about all of this....

Leahsgarden:
We're planning to skip Christmas this year. At least the gift giving part. We anticipate moving at the beginning of January, the last thing we need is something else to pack up! I'll be letting my family know, so they don't feel obligated to send gifts to us. I'm not sure how Chris' family is going to take it.

Christmas turned out very poorly last year, so we need to make changes anyhow.

mooremama:
Leah,

I completely understand wanting to skip the gift giving part of Christmas. 

Honestly I can't think of a thing I need and my kids can't think of anything they need.  My grandkids are over-run with toys and clothes, we have 3 bicycles in the driveway, sandboxes, battery operated Jeeps and cars.....ENOUGH!!!

Lainey's birthday is in October, Holden's is in January and then Christmas is right in the midst of it, it just gets to be completely overwhelming.

To be honest....I just dread it.

Beth

Cheryl:
Beth, my grandson's birthday is September 25, my granddaughter's birthday is December 21, then comes Christmas just days later, so I feel like you do.

The perfect gift for me would be for everyone to get together, share a meal, and just spend time together.   :)

mooremama:
YES!! Cheryl.

I wouldn't mind going back to the days of a big family meal and then oranges and peppermint sticks for the kids.  Wouldn't that be wonderful?  I guess we could do something along those lines in our family...there's no rules saying we can't but the peer pressure and social pressures make it almost impossible.  :-\

Beth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version