Author Topic: Friday, May 20, 2016  (Read 729 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, May 20, 2016
« on: May 20, 2016, 07:45:01 AM »
Happy Friday, everyone!

Wow! What a busy week it has been. Moved the college kids home for the summer and it just amazes me at the stuff they have. One is a girl and one is a boy and even the boy has a ton of stuff.

I have to really be organized to get proper, healthy meals on the menu each day or they might all just go to Subway or something for a sandwich. We'll have to talk about the health benefits (and savings benefits!) of making lunch at home. I don't love when they cook up a "hot" meal for lunch and again a "hot" meal for supper. That is just too much food with too many calories. And my kids are overweight and they don't need this. So no junk food snacks in the house and smaller meals are on the agenda. Doesn't hurt that my budget is small as well!

We did tons of laundry yesterday and packed up the college stuff in boxes for Aug. when they move back and began to store things in the barn but there is more to go today. I have to work today but I'm thinking of taking half a day off as we one more college kid moving in this afternoon and I want to offer to wash her college stuff before we pack that away for the summer also. Hubby can do some but she might be more comfortable with the "mom" to help her wash her clothes. Hubby also needs to be careful with his new hip healing.

It is a gorgeous week in West Michigan and it looks like it might be nice into the weekend so I'm loving this. But the pollens seem to be quite heavy and my eyes are itchy and my nose is sneezy and drippy. Not loving that part but sunshine YES.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats