Author Topic: Thursday, September 4  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, September 4
« on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:18 AM »
Good morning!

I'm just killing time waiting on my mother to get here.  She was going shopping and wanted to know if I'd go with her.  Of course I said I would, anything to get out for a couple of hours. ;)

I'm feeling sort of blah today...I posted last night about a problem we're having.  I would appreciate any advice you may have to offer.

I'll check back in later today.  Hope everyone has a nice day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, September 4
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:49:41 AM »
Good morning!

Woke up feeling kind of icky.  A couple of the girls either had extra bad allergies or a brief cold a few days ago and I think I have it now.  Probably should have some coffee soon.  Also waiting on the results of an x-ray I had yesterday on my left foot.  This is the one I broke a few years back.  I have a little trouble with it normally but started having a new pain a couple of months ago which my dr diagnosed as plantar fasciitis.  She gave me an anti-inflammatory to try and told me to go get an x-ray if it didn't improve.  It didn't, and got worse...now it seems like it is the whole foot.  Hoping for some answers.  Even a boot would be okay at this point.

I've got the kids' lunches packed and my sheets in the washer, with a load of laundry in the dryer.  Planning a pretty low-key day today.  Max and I will just chill and maybe watch some shows or something while I fold laundry.  Need to do his reading lesson, too.  Also need to figure out dinner.  With a holiday weekend last weekend, I didn't get my planning time in so have been flying by the seat of my pants this week.

Today and tomorrow are supposed to remain hot but then we have a big cooldown coming for Saturday and Sunday, yippee!  Big as in highs in the 70's and 80's, then right back up to upper 90's the first part of next week.  Good chance for rain Saturday and it is sure desperately needed.  We have now moved to Stage 3 watering restrictions.

Have a great Thursday!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 07:47:02 AM »
Good morning!

Weather says it will be a cool day--high of 78.  I love this time of year!

Today is more of the same of yesterday.  I did get a really big organizing project done.  A few weeks ago, I cleaned up the garage.  During the winter we park both cars in the garage so Steven doesn't have to clean off snow and ice in the morning.  During the warm weather, he parks outside since we need the extra room for the lawn  mower, bikes, and other warm-weather stuff.  I had been just dumping stuff along the sides of the garage when we cleaned out the car and everything had been slowly creeping toward the center of the garage (where I park).  The garage faces west and during the summer it just gets too hot in there to do anything.  Finally we had a couple of rainy days that really cooled things off so I got the garage cleaned up.  All the stuff that belonged in the house got dumped into the back hall.  It all sat there for a couple weeks until yesterday when I finally tackled it.  So that's done.

Today is finishing up the laundry, preparing Sunday clothes (since there's some ironing that needs to be done), and cleaning up my bedroom.  I'd also like to give my floors some attention.

Yesterday's dental appointments went well.  No cavities!  Christie does need to get braces.  I need to call our insurance to see what they'll cover.  I hope we can make a down payment then pay around $100 a month. 

Hope you all have a good day!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:09:53 AM »
Good Morning everyone,

Catherine--I am also having an "episode" of plantar fasciitis right now. My whole left foot hurts on the heel and I can hardly walk. I hobble. I had my first episode two years ago and along with having orthotics made for my shoes I had a cortisone shot. I am seriously considering having another shot. I'm not sure what triggers the episodes but it seems to be in the summer.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »
Good morning ladies,
    I have been so busy this month that I haven't even had time to be on the computer much. Isaiah, Jon and Kim, and Kim's kids all came on Labor Day. I made a quick run to the store and bought stuff for a BBQ. Sure was hard leaving them to go to work, but I did.  :(
   I know this will come as a shocker to most of you, but I got rid of all my animals except Buddy, Callie, and Aeris. Isaiah took a bunch of chickens to his neighbor and Kim's family took the rest of the chickens, ducks, and rabbits. I decided to just get rid of everything, so I will not have to worry about them this winter. I may get some more chickens some day but not any more rabbits or ducks. Those days have passed. I don't have the time to mess with them right now. Kevin does not enjoy the livestock. It was always me.  :) So I found good homes for all of them. After the rabbit butchering horror, I didn't even want to butcher the extra roosters. I made the decision and have not regretted it yet. Now next spring may be a different matter. LOL
   My boss, Carolyn, is going in for surgery on her ankle on the 12th. She is trying to get her work delegated to our dietary staff. Yesterday was my day off, but she asked me to come in early to help her put away the weekly groceries. I clocked in just before 7 and out a bit after noon. It was quite a workout, but I loved helping her out. I will be going in at 11 instead of 3 on Wednesday on the days I work Wed. I will go in from 7-noon on my Wednesdays off for the next couple of months. It will give me more hours and it isn't hard. I basically pull the older stuff to the front, put the newer stuff to the back and date everything. The hardest part is the walk in freezer. Whew! It is cold back there. LOL Anyway, I am putting groceries away like I always did here, except the dating. Now I think I will start dating my stuff too.  ;D I have also been running up to the grocery store to get anything that we need that wasn't delivered. I have gone twice this week. It helps Carolyn out and is only 5 blocks away. I am on the clock, so no big deal.
   After getting off work, I went to St. Joe. Had to get some things and do laundry. I got home about the same time as when getting off work. Let's just say I was one tired puppy last night. LOL :D
   The ac is not repairable. We will try to replace it next spring. I bought a big high velocity fan. It is actually keeping it pretty cool in here. Not as cool as the ac, but acceptable. We just have today to get through, then we are supposed to start having highs in the 70s. Looking forward to that.
   Kevin still has not heard anything from any jobs. We expected, that, though. Not many people hiring at this time of the year around here unless it is agricultural. The problem with that is Kevin's back won't let him scoop and working for farmers includes scooping.  :-\
   The Holt County Autumn Festival is going on in Oregon right now through Sat. So I will have to cut through the back part of town to get to work. I seldom go to this, and probably won't again this year. Just not my thing.  ::)
   I have had no time to work on anything. I really need to get something prepped to work on, but just haven't had the time. I know things will slow down once fall really gets underway. Then I want to get a flimsy sandwiched. I am starting to miss quilting.  ;)
   Thank you to all who have checked on me. We are doing fine. That fan moves some air. LOL I think this long post catches me up. LOL You all have a great day. Thinking about you!
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 12:14:55 PM »
Good afternoon, all. :)

I am making a habit of trying to post on the daily while the kiddos finish lunch. :)  Today is just the usual, school, laundry, and some light cleaning.  Hubby just stopped by to pick up the flatbed trailer and go up the road to the lumber mill and get a load of firewood.  He has been doing this once or twice a week for a while because it needs to have time to cure.  Now, only about 30 more loads to pick up and then cut and stack it all.  Piece of cake, right? LOL  School is taking up most of my days right now, as it always does this time of year.  School is going very well right now for us.  In fact, I would say better than it ever has.  Makes a mama proud to see her kids learning, and learning a bit easier than the year before. ;)  Last night we were going to try and finish up the kitchen ceiling with a painting, but realized that the repaired part needed to be plastered and sanded one last time to look just right.  Sooooo, I guess that gets moved to tonight.  Supper will be, ummm, no clue....yet. ;)  Other than that I will just be enjoying my time with my babes. :)

Winona, so good to hear from you! :)

Catherine, I really hope that you get some answers about your foot pain and start feeling better. :)

Have a wonderful day.

Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »
I ended up calling my chiro and going in there about my foot today.  My right hip is "out" now (has historically been the left) which is causing issues in my left foot and neck.  Both feel some better after today's adjustment, and hopefully after a few more, will continue to improve.

Alice, sorry to hear you are dealing with this as well.