Author Topic: Tues. Aug. 19th  (Read 926 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Tues. Aug. 19th
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   We had another 7/10 inch of rain early this morning. It has definitely been a wet year for us. I am not doing much today since I have to go into work 1 1/2 hours early for a meeting. It is my first all staff meeting, so I have no idea what to expect. LOL I was told to just go ahead and start my shift after the meeting, so it must be pretty long.  :-\
   I did a bit a crocheting last night while watching tv with Kevin. It had been a long time since I did any crocheting. I enjoyed it.
   Kevin put apps in yesterday. We haven't heard anything yet, but I am not surprised. Not a lot of jobs around here, especially getting ready to go into fall and winter. Something will show up.
   I saw a video on FB of a rat on the subway in New York. It locked eyes with the photographer and started running towards him.  :o It shocked me because that rat was as big as our possums. Yikes! I will stay here in the midwest.  :D
   You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:57:12 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tues. Aug. 19th
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:16:52 AM »
Good morning.

I have been feeling bad since Friday.  I woke up to mild stomach pains and cramping off and on all day.  The same for Saturday, then by Sunday the cramping was mostly gone but then I had nausea.  Yesterday was the worst.  I'm feeling a little better today but I'm still not 100%.  I had such great plans for the weekend too.  My mother kept Emily and I had planned on spending the weekend doing some deep cleaning and organizing around here.  Then yesterday, which was Tony' s only day off work, we were going to Tennessee.  None of that happened since I was sick.  Instead I spent the day lying in bed reading library books. ::)

I'm slowly getting back to myself.  I went walking early this morning.  I've had a cup of coffee and a shower.  After that I cleaned out my refrigerator.  I need to go wash lettuce for our salads we're having tonight. 

Hope everyone has a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »
Good morning ladies!

I am getting back in to a routine after moving to a new place.  I like our house a lot and some things about the city but its just not "home" yet.  Having a little trouble adjusting but I am hopeful for the future here.  It sure is hot here though (and there is a touch of humidity - which I am SO not used to - and my hair is being slightly unruly.

Today, we are going to unload the trailer.  We brought up our bikes and camping equipment in it and need to get them out of there.  I am going to go check out the kennel where we will board our dogs for vacation soon.  We are going to board them for the next 2 weekends too.  I am going with the hubs and the boys to a Scout event this weekend and then we were invited to a friends churches family camp over Labor Day.  The camp is about an hour away from us and we all could use some time with familiar faces and they always talk very fondly about the camp.  I think boarding the pups for a couple days over the weekends will help them adjust to the place for when we go on vacation.  I also have unpacking and organizing to do and I am taking the boys to the gym today to swim... gotta beat the heat here.

Dinner tonight... I am unsure but I am thinking I will get some chicken in the crockpot here soon since its such a busy day.

Have a great day everyone!

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:39:25 PM »
Good afternoon!

I went to the doctor this morning and she wants me to have another epidural shot and then start PT.  Doug and I had already decided that, if she suggested another shot, I would agree to it.  I get the shot on Monday and then start PT a few days after that.  The doctor feels that this will make me much better soon.  I hope so!

Doug took me to the doctor and then went into work a bit late.  He will do the same thing next Monday when I get my shot.  We are so lucky that he has a job that allows him to be flexible with his schedule.

I don't have much else going on today.  The girls are doing their laundry and Madelyn cleaned up the kitchen and washed the dishes for me.  I am tired and sore from my trip to the doctor but I am trying to sit in the chair in the living room for as long as possible.  Doug and Molly will help me make dinner tonight.

Dinner tonight is eggs, potato pancakes and fruit salad.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
Afternoon girls! :)  Today is pretty much liked yesterday was for us, a heavy school day with lots of instruction needed. We did lots of reviewing last week, but this week is mostly new skills.  Everyone seems to be doing well so far. One that was having difficulties at the end of last year just seems to "get it" now.  That puts a smile on a mama's face! :)  Other than that, just laundry and taking care of the babes.  :)  I hope to get out in the greenhouse for a bit later and maybe get some of the tomato beds that are done producing cleaned out and maybe get some new starts going.  Hubby says the fish are getting big fast enough that the first round should be ready for harvest around Christmas.  I have actually never even tasted tilapia before.  Hope it's good. ;)  I am gonna try to squeeze in a workout late this afternoon, but if no time will get to it later tonight.  Also need to do a clean of all bathrooms sometime today.  Supper will be baked chicken and something else, not sure yet.

Winona- praying Kevin's job hunting finds him employment soon.

Cheryl- sure hope you feel better. Stomach bugs are the worst. :P

Denise-  hope the PT is able to get you on the right track.

Erica-  praying that you are able to get used to your new home.  I have really never moved, but my husband moved around ALOT as a kid and said it was no fun at all. It must be hard to find your way in a new place.  Sounds like you guys are getting out there and will have new friends in no time at all.  ;)

Have a good rest of the day ladies!

Lindsay