Author Topic: Friday, May 27, 2016  (Read 838 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, May 27, 2016
« on: May 27, 2016, 12:45:32 PM »
No one home today?

It's a Friday and a long weekend. I am happy about that. It is has been a long week of adjustment having everyone home but I think we're almost there with a routine that works for everyone. College kids just got done with the semester and immediately started summer school so they really need this long weekend to get some rest. Well, some will get rest but others not since several of them are working the early shift both Sat. and Sun. Welcome to the adult world!

We are not going to be doing anything special on Monday except stay home. We all need to get some rest so I went to the library and picked up two books to read this weekend. I started one book last night and after reading and resting I had a pretty good nights rest. Not sure if it was because of the rest or having turned on the AC or what but I slept better. We also took a two mile walk last night in the heat.

We're having hamburgers on the grill tonight and hotdogs for those who want them. We're also doing home fries in the oven and that will do it. It rained heavily for about 7 minutes but now the sun is out so we'll see if we can actually grill the burgers.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, May 27, 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 06:30:53 PM »
I thought I posted today, guess that was yesterday! Busy times. I canned Lindas Pantry Cream of chicken mushroom soup today. 15 or 16 pints and 7 qts. Then I made banana bread 2 banana cream cheese breads and 2 banana bars.  I had Ashley finish planting the asparagus. Ross sprayed the weeds he missed the 1st time. Ashley and I did a major cleaning on the suburban. I want to go trade it off tomorrow. I was going to do it last fall and didn't. It is getting up there in miles and I will be taking Lane to Omaha soon. There is a rebate that goes off the end of the month.  So after my 2nd time of chicken chores today I am spent. I still need to unload and reload dishwasher for like the millionth time today. Ha  Cooking brings on lots of dishes. I made a potato salad and made some fried potatoes with what was leftover from the other day.  We are going into our lake tonight as some friends are camping there,  I did not want to pull camper in as I don't have it ready and I don't have time. I have 3 pans of stuffed mushrooms on the grill to take to the lake. I need a shower but am trying to find energy to get up from here.

Have a great evening

Janice