Author Topic: Wednesday , December 3, 2014  (Read 1200 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday , December 3, 2014
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:32:36 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday , December 3, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:30 AM »
Loving the weather. Even though it says it will be warmer it is still chilly with the wind chills but will take it. Easy chopping water for animals.  Today is chores, more bookwork, laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.  I need to make some cookies or something.  The brownies were gone within minutes.  Ross and kids went to friends meat locker and brought home some of our deer breakfast sausage. We mix it with pork.  They all love it.  I made some chislets last night.  I want to cut up the rest of it and do the same. I want to put in freezer in marinade to make easier later.  I hope to do outside lights today as we will be gone tomorrow night. I am wanting to start making Christmas cookies. I have turkey broth ready to can today.  Better get in shower before kids get up or I lose track of time.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:57:07 AM »
Good morning, Janice & everyone.

I'm having my coffee while I'm the only one awake except for the cats. :)  They've been up for hours and made sure I was too.

Today we have a homeschool gathering at the library.  We'll be working on Christmas crafts, so should be fun.  After that, it's back home to do my usual chores.  We're getting ready to install new flooring in every room but two so I need to vacuum and move furniture in the corner of the room where we'll start.  I hate moving all this stuff but can't wait til we have new floors!

Guess I need to jump in the shower and get ready, so I'll talk to all of you later.  Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 06:04:43 AM »
Good morning!

Having Cranberry Wassail sitting here in my Long Johns waiting for my jeans to be done in the dryer.  Nice mental pic, huh?   ::)  Actually, I only wear the long bottoms with a short sleeved wicking top, then my outer layer and a jacket.  And gloves and hat.  Are you cold weather gals laughing at me?  I probably deserve it, but after after 17 years here it feels pretty chilly being out in 20's and 30's with our wind.  Micah isn't feel so well, but Earl has a bad headache so is staying home again and Micah will hang out with him.  I am ready to leave my house alone!  Not sure how long this hike will be; guessing in the 5-7 mile range as long as we don't get lost, lol.

Dinner tonight is a Slow Cooker Dijon Chicken.  Probably just for Earl, Micah, and I, as the other kids will eat at church.

Cheryl, having coffee with just cats up is the way to do it.  Rarely works out here but it's nice when it does.  :)

Janice, enjoy your coffee, too, before your busy day.

Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 07:59:32 AM »
Good morning ladies,
    It is a bit warmer here today than the last couple. It is 34*. I have worked the morning shift the past 2 days and it was 14* and 16* those two days. BRRR  I go in at 11 today. Much better.
    Ladies, I have some news. I am coming home. Sunday will be my last day at work. I have just had enough. I am no longer happy working. The atmosphere at work has changed and I have been miserable. No, Kevin still has not found a job, but he does have a couple of leads. He is still getting unemployment. Things will be tight, but we can make it. We have no debt and have lots of food preserved. I am a little disappointed in myself that I could not stick it out till spring, but also so happy to be coming home to stay. I gave my notice and will work it out. That will have me leaving in good standing, so someday, I may go back, but I doubt it. Thank you all for praying for me during this difficult time.
   Just think, I can sew or quilt or do anything I want next week.  ;D  I think that freedom will make the disappointment in myself for not sticking it out, just a little easier to swallow. I hope none of you think less of me. I have so much respect for Kevin working out all these years. This experience really opened my eyes. I do not regret it. I made some great friends, including my boss, and I learned that I have been very blessed to have a husband who worked out so I could stay home all these years. Please pray for him to find a job. I know that would make him feel so much better about himself. He wanted me home too, although  he is concerned about himself finding something. I think God has a plan!  ;)
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »
Good morning, ladies. 

Its a rainy day here.. seems like its been raining for days (actually, I think it has been  ;D  ).  I miss the sunshine but drought stricken California needs the rain so I am going to embrace it... and take a vitamin B supplement!  Bwahahahahaha!!!

I just had my coffee and now I am having a THM egg nog shake.  I'm not doing THM any more but I liked some of the shakes so I still make them.   ;D  Sitting here with Sophie (my chihuahua) and enjoying the space heater.  We have not turned the heater on yet.  Just doesn't seem cold enough to turn it on yet but I sure do like sitting here with the space heater.  My hubs and boys are all polar bears and the cold doesn't bother them like it does me.

Today, its school with the boys (they are pretty self sufficient now but I do sometimes miss them being "littles"and doing school "with" them), laundry and cleaning the bathrooms.  Trevor swims and I'll work out while he swims.  Both boys have youth groups for church tonight so the hubs and I will get coffee and have a date.   ;)

Dinner tonight will be chicken cordon bleu casserole, rice and salad.

Winona - I am So happy to hear that you are coming home!  I know that you are happiest there (so am I  ;)  )

Cathy - Enjoy your time out!

Offline lovin my dogs

• Me and Grayson
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »
Oh Winona.....this makes me SO, SO happy.  Home is where you belong.  I just love thinking about you being home in your cozy cabin and taking care of things there.  I'm proud of you.  I know Kevin is so happy too.

I love you dearly my friend,
Cathy

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
Yay Winona 😀 I am ecstatic that you're coming back home. I've missed you 😍 I just know that you and Kevin will be fine until God reveals His plan for you two. Can't wait to watch it unfold. Now you can be all snug and cozy, doing your handwork while the snow flies and not have to worry about driving in the bad weather.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 01:00:27 PM »
    Ladies, I have some news. I am coming home. Sunday will be my last day at work. I have just had enough.

Winona!  Back where you belong! ;D (I am sure those are Kevin's thoughts as well) ;)lol.  I know this has been hard for you and I can't speak for others, but you lasted a whole lot longer than I ever would have.  Haven't been keeping in touch as much lately because you have had so much extra work......but now you will not be so lucky! ;) :D 

I think God has a plan!  ;)

HE ALWAYS DOES! ;D

Offline Linda

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 03:18:53 PM »
Winona, i am so glad that you will be back where you belong and are happy... Love you.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »
Winona, so happy that you're happy!  :)

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
Good afternoon,
Malyna had a reading part in the school chapel service today, so went to that and then swung by to pick Nolan up so he could spend the day with me.
DH called an had to work over a bit so I took Nolan back home by myself.
It was pouring buckets and he kept asking me what shape is the rain?  Lol any shape you want honey..
So thankful for the rain we are getting, desperately needed here in CA.
Dinner is leftover pizza casserole and green salad..

Ah Winona, welcome back home!!  I know where your ♥ is and He knows the desires we have...Prayers continued for Kevin..
I am so happy at home...
Wishing you all a blessed evening.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 10:31:47 AM »
Winona - I am so happy for you!!! I love being home and tell Doug often how grateful I am that I am able to stay home.  It definitely isn't easy but things have a way of working themselves out.  I bet Kevin is beside himself with happiness.

Denise