Author Topic: Wednesday, April 15  (Read 954 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, April 15
« on: April 15, 2015, 06:55:34 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, April 15
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 07:00:11 AM »
Will make this short and sweet. Heading in to school for muffins for moms. Then back to get some housework and bookwork done. The last 2 days were busy with running. I need to get caught up and hopefully no wind today. You can't hardly stand outside without blowing over let alone get any work done.

So excited to see you back pixie. Missed you sooo much

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:10:57 AM »
 :)  Good morning!!

Thank you it's good to be back!!  Miss you all too!!

I am getting ready to put 1/2 a ham in the oven for supper, dh is working in the landscaping and tilling the garden today before he heads to bed.  I am meeting the exterminator at 2:00 at our rental house b/c our renter has noticed ants in the house, gross!  She is awesome and want to take care of this asap!  I will start mowing as soon as the grass dries up a bit too!  Kinda a busy day for me but i'll take it!

Dh will add 45 bags of organic garden soil to till in today, we bought them at Aldi's for $2.99 each.  The mgr was so kind to tell us she had a pallet in the warehouse and to pull the truck around and it was so much easier to toss into the bed!  Then she offered us 5 bags that had holes in them for free!  She said they are impossible to tape, how sweet was that!!

My coffee is empty so I better start my day!  take care!!!!!  Pixie

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:13:11 AM by luv2bmom »
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:12:59 AM »
Good morning!

What an absolutely crazy day we had yesterday, weather wise.  It started out beautiful and sunny.  By lunchtime, the wind was blowing hard--as in, trees waving all over, the flags standing straight out, the traffic light poles bobbing and weaving and you couldn't see the mountains for all the dust.  I could feel the car swaying as I drove.  Then about 4:45 to 5, rain started.  It went on for a while, then about 7 we got snow.  Snow fell overnight and while we don't have a lot, my grass is just covered.  The temperature right now is 30 degrees, will get up to about 40 this afternoon, and we are supposed to have snow all day then will change to rain with the temperature rise.  Then, starting tomorrow, the high will be about 55, rising to 73 by Monday.  Crazy, I tell you.

Got the taxes done last night, so yay!  Really grateful our life is relatively uncomplicated. :)  My refrigerator is practically bare so today is grocery shopping day.  I have my menu ready so I just need to make a list.  I will do that immediately after dropping off the boys at school so that will probably take most of the time between school drop off and the afternoon round of pickups.  I will take advantage of my refrigerator being empty to give it a good cleaning.  This morning, besides the usual house pickup, I'll work on ironing more.  I was hoping to get out and rake branches that blew off the willow tree in the front yard but I don't think that's going to happen today.  ;D

Have a good day!

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »
Good morning girls!

It is another gray and dreary day here on the countryside.  It will be that way until Friday, so I am glad that I don't have to go anywhere until Friday.  Kids were up early today, so we got an early start.  Nothing out of the ordinary today.  Another full day of school and my usual household chores.  I am going to try and get all the machines in the laundry room wiped down, the window in there cleaned and see if my tallest son will help me by wiping down the walls and ceiling.   The top part of the walls and the ceiling are a bright yellow in there and you can really see it when there is dust.  I need to look into getting some new laundry sorters, as well.  I have 2 of those 3 section ones and the fabric part of them have about had it.  Saw some at Home Depot that weren't priced too high.  I have two big pots of bean soaking in the fridge right now, so I will need to get those cooked and bagged up and put in the freezer.  Should be enough for using in at least 10 different meals.

Merilee, I am constantly ironing clothing too.  Seems like it is so difficult to keep up with and just when I do get caught up, it is time to start over. Wish I had a better system in place for this, but I guess there really isn't one.

Janice, hope for a not-so-windy day for you. :)

Pixie, that is a lot of dirt!  You reminded me that we need to go up to our neighbors next week sometime and get another load of composted soil.

Have a good day.
Gotta get back to it.

Blessings,
Lindsay