Author Topic: Monday, July 14, 2014  (Read 1229 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, July 14, 2014
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:08 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, July 14, 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:16:13 AM »
I had a longer post posted yesterday and for some reason it isn't here.  Oh we'll today is keep cleaning grain bins as in a couple of weeks we will be harvesting.  And our new baler monitor is suppose to come in today.  So we got pool fixed, cows checked and moved back to where they we're suppose to be. So maybe our luck has changed and we are off to a good week. I need to find a lawn mower belt today so we can mow this yard before it drives me nuts.  Ross put 2 roasts on grill last night and they were delicious but gone as some friends stopped by.  Maybe we will grill hamburgers for lunch.  I think we are getting sick of sandwiches in the hayfield.  Tomorrow is my aunts funeral so we will go to that in morning.  Need to get everyone going around here they are trying to still sleep and we have a lot to do.

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:43:09 AM »
Good morning,
   It is pouring down rain again. We are definitely out of drought stage now. In fact we are a couple inches over average rain fall. It has rained so much that we have struggled to get any weeding done. So I guess we pick veggies in the grass. Not ideal by any means, but the way it is this year. Next year, we will hopefully cut way down on the garden so I can keep up with it.
   It was really hot and humid on Saturday so we decided to wait till Sunday to plant our fall garden. Shouldn't have done that. We got almost an inch of rain Saturday night. Now it is raining again. May not get a fall garden planted.  :(
   We are supposed to have record breaking lows for the next few nights. Our temps are up and down, but we have not had any triple digit temps at all this year. Thankful for that.
   Holding off on setting any more eggs. The 60 or so that we are raising are eating us out of house and home. I forage for weeds and grass every day to try to cut down some on the feed bill. I doubt that I ever try to raise this many chicks at once again. I love my ducks, but I will need to trim them down too before winter. I want no more than 2 drakes and maybe 6 hens to over winter. That still seems like a lot, but I have 4 different breeds. I know I have several hen ducks because they are starting to quack. I know I want a drake from the Welsh Harlequin ducks and a drake from the Ancona ducks, but what about the Cayuga. I will see how things go. I also am liking way too many pullets.  ??? Why does feed have to cost so much? >:(
   I have already unloaded feed from the trunk of the car (forgot to do it Saturday), burned trash, taken care of all the animals, broke out ice and refilled the trays, and made tea. So I feel like my Monday has started off pretty good. Now I need to get busy doing something else so I can get back to the quilt this afternoon. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:13:43 AM »
Afternoon!

Same old, same old here, but I love it!  I have done a couple of hours of NSA work this morning, and have a bit more to do.  I moved my laptop onto the kitchen table, and for some reason that's made me so much more productive!  We've got a little TV in here so I can still have that on in the background (Harry Potter right now), I look out the slider onto the deck and the trees in the backyard, and Grimm's got his bed and lots of space to play in here.  I'm loving it!

Also on the schedule today is folding the last load of towels and putting laundry away, making the bed, figuring out the menu for the end of this week, and vacuuming the floors.  At some point I need to take trash to the transfer station and cash a rebate ATM card, but not sure if I'm motivated to go out today since none of it is super-pressing.

I've just put a chicken curry in the Crock*Pot for dinner tonight and it already smells heavenly in here. I'll make couscous and a salad to go with it, and we still have lemon curd tart for dessert.

Have a wonderful day!

M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥