Author Topic: Monday, April 4  (Read 972 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, April 4
« on: April 04, 2016, 11:40:03 AM »
Wow! Where is everyone today?

It's snowing here again. We had a lot of snow on Saturday, then a warm afternoon on Sunday, and now it's snowing again and it's April! Not loving this at all.

I've been home almost all of last week and will be most of this week taking care of hubby. The days and nights are very long but hopefully he will "turn the corner" and start to feel a lot better than what he currently is.

I haven't cooked for almost a week. Parents and people from church have been wonderful bringing in something and we've had a lot of things to choose from all week. I'm very grateful to all of them.

I wanted it to be a no spend April but daughter's car (which is really our car) had the check engine light on so I got that fixed for her. Hoping that's it for the month.

I need your thoughts on something. Hubby needs a bandage for some heavy wound drainage. We bought bandages but today he suggested just using a sanitary napkin as long as they were not scented. The size would be perfect and they wouldn't leak. Do you think that would be safe and sanitary?

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, April 4
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »
Good Afternoon Alice, and any who follow.

The weather here has been dreadful!  Not like being snowed in, but when you are expecting things to warm up to some level, and you get snow again, it is just depressing!  I was on line trying to find somewhere to drive to for a few days that wasn't crazy far with decent (55-60's) weather.  I was literally trying to find a quick get away.  But, everywhere I looked wasn't going to have much better weather than here.  I'm sure that if I really started to look at costs and such, I would have just said forget it.  But, desperate times call for desperate measures!!  At this point I just need to hang on until we get out of this weather pattern.

Today I am making a bone in turkey breast with mashed potatoes & gravy, dressing and corn.  Hubby's fave, so he should be pleased.  I think our son who lives close by might stop by to eat as well.
Will need to get the turkey in the oven shortly.

Alice: I think that sanitary pads would be a genius trick for what hubby needs.  Probably less expensive than bandages as well. 

Not too much else happening around my little corner of the world.  Just trying to hang on until Spring!!  ;D
Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 02:21:31 PM »
Wow! Where is everyone today?

It's snowing here again. We had a lot of snow on Saturday, then a warm afternoon on Sunday, and now it's snowing again and it's April! Not loving this at all.

I've been home almost all of last week and will be most of this week taking care of hubby. The days and nights are very long but hopefully he will "turn the corner" and start to feel a lot better than what he currently is.

I haven't cooked for almost a week. Parents and people from church have been wonderful bringing in something and we've had a lot of things to choose from all week. I'm very grateful to all of them.

I wanted it to be a no spend April but daughter's car (which is really our car) had the check engine light on so I got that fixed for her. Hoping that's it for the month.

I need your thoughts on something. Hubby needs a bandage for some heavy wound drainage. We bought bandages but today he suggested just using a sanitary napkin as long as they were not scented. The size would be perfect and they wouldn't leak. Do you think that would be safe and sanitary?

Alice

Funny timing!  I am reading a book called Build the Perfect Survival Kit and this morning was in the chapter on medical supplies.  He actually recommends sanitary pads in there for larger wound dressings because they are sterile and affordable.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
Well, well, well, Thank you for all your opinions. We'll be using that from now on. Much more affordable.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 07:53:16 PM »
Good evening ladies,
    I have had a long couple of weeks. It seems like I would work one day, have one off, work 2 days, have one off. This time it will be 5 days, but I get 2 off. So looking forward to that.  :) Our CNA class is going very well. We will do our 4th class on Wed. afternoon and evening. I learned to take BP the old fashioned way, instead of putting a cuff on and pushing a button. LOL We had our first quiz Sunday and I missed one out of 50. I didn't think that was too bad. Our class ended up just being Jean and me. My cousin, Diane, is the teacher. She is a retired RN who teaches classes for the OCC.
   Please say a prayer for Annette. Some of you will remember her from the old board. She lost her husband, Roy, this morning. Also we found out that Kevin's cousin's son will be starting a 6 month round of chemo. He is 35 and this is his second battle with liver/colon cancer. He is kind of frail from all he has been thru, so please keep Nicholas in your prayers as well.
  There is so much suffering and pain in this world. I am truly blessed to be as healthy as I am, but I can do better. I decided yesterday, that I simply must lose weight. I have thought about this a lot and have decided to trust someone with my weight loss progress. I have known Leah since first grade, but we were never close friends until the past couple of years working together. I plan to ask her tomorrow if she will kind of coach me in my weight loss. It is hard for me to share what I weigh with someone else, but if I don't do it,  I don't think I will stick with it. This is a major decision for me. I will let you know as I actually lose weight. Right now it is not pretty.
   I hope you all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie