Author Topic: Thursday , June 19, 2014  (Read 1218 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday , June 19, 2014
« on: June 19, 2014, 04:46:45 AM »
Good Morning
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:13:14 AM by Shelly »

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday , June 19, 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:51:28 AM »
Up at 4 to get ready for city as our1st appt is 7:10. So not much on home front today. Starting laundry and dishes and will have to finish everything when I get back.  Ross and kids will go to bils and help him brand some cows. Hopefully they remember trampoline springs or I will need to order some.  We have been getting hay equipment ready. Yesterday we bought a pallet of net wrap and other supplies. Left off feed wagon for a few repairs as we don't use it in summer. We'll more laundry
And

Coffee time..
Janice

Edit: The date
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:13:39 AM by Shelly »

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:17:03 AM »
good morning!

I've been absent for some time and it sure feels good to be back.  Today is grocery day.  We're not getting much, so it should be a quick trip, I hope.  The kitchen is a bit disorganized, so I plan to work on that today as well as the kid's play area.  It's been cold here and we've even gotten some snow, and I'm enjoying pretending it's fall.  ;D  Not too much else going on right now. 
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 08:19:24 AM »
Good morning,
   So far so good on the rat situation. I saw where one had tried to dig under the shed again, but was foiled by my hardware cloth. Hopefully they won't figure out another way in.  >:( I checked the bait station. It doesn't look like it has been touched. Maybe they just need to get really hungry. ???
   I just came in from the garden. I really wanted to get my peppers and eggplant weeded, but it started sprinkling. I could live with that, but the lightning changed my mind. The mosquitoes are horrible, but I can even deal with them for a while. I can't deal with lightning. So I am waiting to see if this amounts to anything. If not, I will head back to the garden in a bit.
   I got 4 blocks done on Hayley's quilt yesterday. If I can get that many done today, I will be off to a good start. I think I have 8 blocks out of 56 done. Boy, wrestling with a queen size quilt on my lap about wears me out.  :-\
   I guess that is about all that is going on around here. You all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:47:46 AM »
Morning!

Shelly, it's so good to see you back!

Today is an in-and-out day.  We dropped Grimm off at the vet this morning for his neutering appointment.  He should be ready to come home around 3:30, so we'll go back then and pick him up.  In between I'm doing some NSA work and laundry and Jean has an estimate at noon about 40 minutes away.  After we get Grimm back home Jean heads into the city for a rehearsal and I'm on my own with our not-so-little patient.  I'm planning on just a relaxed day after we get back, since he can't run around much, and it's rainy anyway!

Not sure about dinner tonight since it's just me.  I still have ground turkey thawed, so maybe meatloaf or spaghetti?

Hope you all have wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »
Woke up and barely got my Dr Pepper drank(to muggy already for coffee lol) and the kids brought in a baby bat that was lying on some cement bricks behind our house. I have called a million numbers for animal control and game wardens but either have to leave a message that nobody has returned or they tell me to leave it for the mother to get but I am afraid it will die in the mean time from heat/dehydration or from the dogs that the neighbor lets run loose. We had it in a bucket bc I thought the local lake would have a game warden but they don't so its sitting in the open bucket on the brick incase momma comes back and I am checking on it, hope somebody calls me soon with a rehabilitators number.
 Not much else going on today oldest son has last baseball game tonight at 8 til then its laundry and keeping the kids quiet bc hubby is working nights again.
 Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.