Author Topic: Friday, January 30, 2015  (Read 816 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, January 30, 2015
« on: January 30, 2015, 06:00:26 AM »
Good morning

Offline Cathie

Re: Friday, January 30, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:01:06 AM »
Good morning ladies ~

Home from vacation and back to reality  ;) I have worked everyday this week and right now I am sitting waiting for the dryer to stop so I can have my pants and go to work again  ;)

I need to get caught up around here this weekend - my house is a little on the destroyed side.

Dinner tonight will be: french onion soup and homemade pizza

Have a blessed day everyone  :-*

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:13:19 AM »
Good morning,
   We had a very heavy frost last night, but the sun is shining now. It is in the lower 20s, so a bit nippy out. I haven't heard the weather today, but I believe they are still calling for snow tomorrow.
    Yesterday I went over to my storage shed and found a flimsy, batting, and backing. Yep, in a bit, I am going to get a quilt sandwiched so I can start hand quilting it. My fingers are twitching in anticipation. I haven't done any quilting in 6 months. It is time. I hope by switching from quilting to knitting to crocheting, I can keep interested. Just think in a month we could be planting a bit of garden. We have planted on March 1st lots of time. Of course, that would just be really hardy veggies like lettuce, radishes, peas, spinach. I am really looking forward to the garden this year. I just pray they do not spray and kill it.   :(
    When I was out Tues, I bought some organic sweet potatoes. I paid $2.22 each for them. I am hoping they will sprout. The regular ones from the store are treated to prohibit sprouting. So I figured it would be worth paying that much to get sweet potatoes that have had no chemicals on them. I have them laying out on the counter and will put them in water about mid Feb.
   Well, that is about it for me today. You all have a good one.
Blessings,
Winona
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:14:17 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Linda

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 08:42:01 AM »
Good Morning, cold out today and frost everywhere... where did my 77 from earlier in the week go?  oh well.. Got paid today so i will write out all the bills..(how fun) have a errand or two that needs done, then home to get ready as one of Gary's friends is taking us out to eat... A fried chicken buffet.. sounds so good...will be hard not to over eat tonight but i know i can handle it..
other than that just some general clean up and pick up...

have a great day everyone.

linda

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 09:15:09 AM »
Good morning, everyone.

I'm in the middle of school with Emily, but managed a bit of free time while she works on her math.  Nothing too exciting going on here today, just the usual laundry, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.  I love wood heat but it sure makes things dusty.  Outside the wind is really blowing hard and it sounds like the tin is coming off the barn.  I hope it dies down soon, but know that it's about to turn colder after the rain goes through this weekend.

Winona, I'm glad to see you're still here, but now you've got me wanting to plant my garden! ;)

Linda - You must have more control than I do because I think I'd overdo it on a fried chicken buffet! :D

Cathie - Good to see you back!  I have missed your posts!  :)

Janice- Where'd you go!?
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 10:11:58 AM »
Up and at 'em. I am getting an egg delivery ready for the city. Ashley has practice at 8, lane at 10 and Levi has to be to town by 4 for pictures before game.  Ok got busy with getting eggs and kids to town and missed getting my post finished so here we go. Bought some groceries so need to get that put away. Levi is back from sleepover. We are getting ready to go around cows to feed and put out more mineral.  Then back to get lane at noon.  Lunch is leftover meatloaf and maybe mashed potatoes.  I am still thinking of an awesome crockpot dinner. I will make some lasagne this weekend and we plan on grilling ribs.

Need to run...
Janice