Author Topic: Thrusday, April 24, 2014  (Read 1114 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, April 24, 2014
« on: April 24, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, April 24, 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:42:03 AM »
Up and ready to head outstide for chores but thought Id pop on here 1st. Allison and Levi have spelling contest with awards at 2.  Then tonight is annual Scottie Fest which is money raiser for the school actually any grade or activitiy can have  booth and raise money with the tickets. I made a cake for the cake walk. Hope to come home with some. Ha Ross is doing chroes then we will be heading over to get oats seed and back to load air seeder before he goes and delivers bulls with his friend. I will finish the feeding and I have been cleaning up junk. Wow we have a lot of old stuff that just needs cleaned up. It doesnt look that bad it has sat there for years but boy it looks even better cleaned up. I hope to list some old implements on craigslist that people could use for yard ornaments. I want to do that when Ross is gone.  Hehehe ;) Trying to decide when to go get chicks. Ashley wants like 30-50 I might call up today and reserve some for Saturday. Sunday we are going to an auction and it is supose to rain. Looking for all the rain slickers.  Lanes rash is somewhat better I really think it was detergent. I think I will cancel his apppointment.

Have a good day

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:59:43 AM »
Good morning,

We are having a lovely spring rain this morning. I am so thankful for it. We are still very low on rainfall amounts. Have been for 2 years now. I hope we can catch up a bit this spring.  ;D

Yesterday morning, we planted our fruit trees that we ordered back in Jan. or Feb. They finally came. So we got up at daylight and started to work. Good thing, because I got soaked while planting my perennial flowers.  ::) I ordered this perennial flower garden. Hmmm, I know nothing about growing flowers, so we shall see if anything even comes up. I had never heard of most of these. lol I did plant some day lilies, hen and chicks, and phlox. The rest were new to me.  ??? I also planted 20 asparagus and 2 blueberries. I need to go by Lowes this weekend and pick up another blueberry or 2 since it says I need at least 2 different varieties. LOL Proud of my garden this year and trusting it will be protected from spray drift.  ;D

It has been a very busy week. I got my rabbit hutch all painted again. Kevin has started on the roof. He made the trusses. (See I told you I could talk him into getting rabbits again.  :D) I found a source to buy some New Zealand/California cross rabbits within a few miles of us. It is a guy that Kevin went to school with too. Now we just wait for them to get old enough to leave their mothers. I also added my wood chips to my nest boxes, cleaned the brooder house and got the bedding all down. I gave Buddy a haircut on Monday. He is much happier. Poor dog has so much hair that he cooks when it gets around 70*.  :( I have been saving eggs to set. I have my incubator all cleaned up and ready to go. Yes, it has been a busy week for me, but the time has just flown by.  ;)

One thing I have not done this week is work on Hayley's quilt. I really need to spend some time making blocks. Since it is a rainy day, I guess I will do that this afternoon.  :)

Janice and everyone who follows, have a wonderful spring day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline calicogirl

• Buddy
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »
Mama used to grow hens and chicks. I've wanted to plant some, but can't find any. Where did you get yours? Congratulations on the rabbits! My hens have been laying like crazy, but only one is setting, and it's the one who won't stay in the coop, a little rebel, lol.

Teresa
Teresa in North AL
Married to Greg
Mom to Brandon,Heather,John,Amy,Melanie,Trey and Joel
Step Mom to Peggy
Nana to Elizabeth,Brianna,Joshua, Raylan and Olivia
Fur-mama to 2 dogs and 2 cats
Feather-mama to 2 parrots and 27 chickens