Author Topic: Wednesday, June 7, 2017  (Read 1041 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Wednesday, June 7, 2017
« on: June 07, 2017, 05:30:13 AM »
Good Wednesday Morning!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, June 7, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:41:18 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

I am up and moving - barely!   ;D  I am off to weight watchers, and then will walk with my friend and grab a quick lunch.

When I get home, I need to cut up some fruit.  I have a watermelon, a cantaloupe and a pineapple that all need to be dealt with. 

I also need to make a snack that I have been meaning to try.  It uses mini wheats and seasons them up either zesty, or I was going to use some sweet popcorn seasoning to do another batch.  Looks easy enough, just takes a bit of time as you need to stir them in the oven every 5 minutes or so. 

Not much else is happening here.  I need to update a blog for hubs with an events list.  I do that weekly, on Thursdays, so I need to prep that and schedule it to post in the morning.

Still have about 50 pages in the book I am reading, so I will finish that as well. 

Need to water my flowers and the couple of tomato plants and pepper plant.  I thought we were going to get rain, but not so far, so I will give them a quick water.

Hope all of you have a great day!  Hope you have a chance to pop in and let us know how you are, and what you are up to!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:20:25 AM »
Good Morning!

Pam, You're up early!

Yesterday we chose not to walk but rather did house chores instead. We needed to mow the lawn and just plain clean up the house. It is a choice each evening--house chores or walk but there is not enough time to do both. Finally, I just have to do house stuff.

I visited my folks after work and mom is honest when she says she is doing a bit better. She even went to the bathroom alone yesterday. Dad was outside picking strawberries and doing other gardening and her physical therapist was coming. She needed to get to the bathroom but dad didn't know mom wanted to get to the bathroom so she went by herself. She is supposed to have someone with her "until she feels comfortable" going alone. I guess she was comfortable. She is pretty bossy and insisted she reimburse me for birthday party food items that I bought. It really didn't cost me much at all and I wanted to just let it go but she was so bossy that I had to take money. After that, I had to give dad a haircut. Then they gave me 4 gallon bags of strawberries mom had cleaned and taken off the caps and froze for me. Dad picks and mom cleans them and readies them for the freezer and I just eat them! After that someone dropped off dinner for them and I went home. I am so happy that people from church are bringing them meals. Dad can cook but having it hot and ready is such a blessing for them.

My kids made dinner for us (but I had prepped the chicken with the marinade) so we had lemon, garlic roasted chicken breast, and fettuccini alfredo and beans. No leftovers so hopefully someone has time today to get something out. The kids are in and out with work, classes and interviews all day so who knows what we might have.  My son brought home from his apartment a whole bag of frozen bread ends. I guess he doesn't eat bread ends! Well, I made them all into french toast so he WILL be eating those bread ends after all!

Oh, and I got a load of laundry completed last night as well. Someone is doing laundry regularly though I'm not sure who it is. I won't question blessings!

That's it for me today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:42:15 AM »
Good morning!

I'm really enjoying these summer mornings of being able to sleep till 7!  That feels like an absolute luxury after a school year of waking up at 5:15 am to take Jordan to football workouts!

Jordan passed his driver's test yesterday!   Yay!  Today I'll take him to get his license, and then get going on the insurance stuff, then he will be able to drive himself to summer football workouts!  That will be a big time saver for me!  It's not that far, but with the traffic, I plan at least 30 minutes to get there and back.  It might not seem like a lot but it also disrupts the flow of my day a little, especially going to pick him up, so I'm glad he can take care of getting himself there now!  Do all the exclamation marks express how I'm feeling about this accomplishment!?!  ;D

Today I have a few errands to run but mostly I will focus on getting the house cleaned up and getting things put away.  I've got a few containers that need to be emptied.  Tonight I have a baby shower to go to.

For fun today, we'll go swimming!  It'll be a nice day for that--supposed to hit 97*.

Dinner tonight is grilled salmon, rice pilaf, grilled broccoli, and fruit.  I was going to do hamburgers, potato salad and jello salad but I bought food yesterday so my fridge is full and there's really no room for putting a 9x13 pan of jello and a big bowl of potato salad. So I'll do those a different night.  I'm going to try making the rice pilaf in a crockpot and see how that turns out.  I don't like turning on my oven during these hot summer days so I'm looking for different ways of cooking things.

Alice, for some reason, my family doesn't eat bread ends either.  I throw them in the freezer then when I have enough, I put them on a baking sheet to thaw and dry out (I mean *really* dry--several days!) then run them through my food processor and make bread crumbs!  I can't even remember the last time I bought bread crumbs--it's been years--because the bread crumbs I make work out wonderfully.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 07:48:35 AM »
Yes, we also make bread crumbs but there was a whole bag full that french toast was a better use! There will be more bread ends for crumbs. I like jello salad so maybe I'll make one of those this week. I also need to go grocery shopping. It's been about 10 months since I have done weekly shopping so this is strange for me to get back into the weekly thing. I don't like it at all! In about 10 days our other daughter is coming home so then we'll have 5 people to feed again. Ouch!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats