Author Topic: Monday, July 27, 2015  (Read 832 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Monday, July 27, 2015
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:16:06 AM »
Good morning! We've got a bit of sunshine, which is welcome after so much rain. Some of the family is out the door, and I'm enjoying a few minutes of quiet. Laundry is started, dishwasher is unloaded, and I've baked a dozen muffins. Today I'm all about laundry and tidying the house. I have two drawers to clean and organize.

Off to walk for 30 min. I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, July 27, 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
Good morning!

I'm enjoying a little quiet time too.  Breakfast is finished so it's time to start straightening up the house.  I need to sweep and mop the floors, dust, change sheets on beds and wash them, hang laundry on the line, go over my menu for this week, and clear some clutter from my bedroom.

I guess I need to get busy since that list is longer than I'd like. :P. Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, July 27, 2015
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 08:08:25 AM »
Good morning!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted.  I usually just read on my phone, but don't often make it to my computer in the mornings.

I'm here on my computer because I'm filling out paperwork for Scout camp.

How is it almost the end of July already?!?  I feel like Independence Day was just last week!

We've had a great month.  We celebrated the 4th of July, Nathan's birthday (he's 4!) and Pioneer Day (state holiday celebrating the arrival of the Mormon pioneers in what became Utah).  We've watched a lot of soccer, done some swimming, sent Christie to girls camp and Jordan to Scout camp.  We had a family reunion on Saturday.  I've done some projects around the house.

Today I need to do grocery shopping.  I managed to do the laundry before the weekend so I'll get the clothes sorted and put away.  I'll do some ironing today since I don't need to do laundry and I'll probably need both today and tomorrow to find the bottom of that basket.  We got new carpet installed in the basement and I want to finish getting everything cleaned and moved back in so I can park in the garage again. :)  This Saturday our stake (LDS geographical unit of several local congregations called wards) is having a huge swap meet.  So this week I will be collecting things for that. 

I also have a social get together with the other ladies I serve in the Relief Society (LDS church's organization for women) with.  We've been together for just over a year.

The weather has been really different lately.  Last winter was so dry--only 3 major snowstorms all winter!  Then May was really wet.  June was pretty much normal, but we did have a week of 100+ degree temperatures, which is practically unheard of at that time of year here.  I think the hottest temperatures in July were about 95.  Today our high is supposed to be 75.  We'll have 2 days of 80s then back to the 90s, but it'll still only be low to mid 90s.  Just not our usual summer temps at all.  But I'll take them!

Since it's supposed to be pretty cool until late this afternoon, I may wait til 3 or 4 to take the kids swimming.

Have a great day!

Merilee