Author Topic: July 6, 2015  (Read 742 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
July 6, 2015
« on: July 06, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »
Good morning!

Today will be a rather busy day. My older 2 have sports camp this week, so we'll be leaving soon for that. Then I need to mail a package and I have a mile long to do list. I want to go through my dishes and glasses and remove what we don't use and then a bunch of cleaning.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: July 6, 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:07:26 AM »
Good morning! 

We had a nice, relaxing 4th of July weekend.  We planned to go up to the  mountains to take a walk/hike around a lake but less than 5 miles up the canyon, our van engine started to overheat so after waiting about 1/2 hour for it to cool down, we turned around and came back and went swimming instead.  Our van is 14 years old and has over 200,000 miles on it.  It works fine for trips about town but not for going uphill.  Of course, the heat that day didn't help at all.  We had a family BBQ then the teenagers went to see our local pro soccer team play while the rest of us watched the game on TV at home.  The teens watched the fireworks show after the game, while the younger two got to do sparklers (with Mom and Dad, of course).  Then yesterday was church.  All in all, a nice relaxing weekend.

The heat wave has definitely broken.  80s all week!  Chance of thunderstorms several days.

I've watered the front yard and flower beds.  I've got the kitchen mostly cleaned up.  I have laundry to do.  I'll have the kids help tidy the family room and living room and then the house will be mostly tidy.  We'll go swimming this afternoon if no thunderstorms are forecast.

Dinner tonight is Cilantro Lime Chicken (found on Pinterest), lime cilantro rice, black or refried beans and fruit.

Have a great day!

Merilee