Author Topic: Tuesday, June 6, 2017  (Read 1221 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, June 6, 2017
« on: June 06, 2017, 07:07:28 AM »
Good Morning!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 07:16:36 AM »
Hello to any who stop in today!  Would love to hear what you are up to!

I have a pretty easy going day today.  Laundry is done and put away from yesterday.  Yay!  Didn't even leave the last load in the dryer to get to "later"!

Today I need to run to the store for a couple of things.  Mostly some produce, and I need to check my list for any other needed things.

Not much else that I HAVE to do.  I will read some more of (maybe the rest of) the book I am into.  I am about half done.

Making plans to meet up with my HS girlfriend on Thursday.  It is National Best Friends Day, so we are using it as an excuse to get together! (Not that we really need an excuse!)  Not sure what we will do, but it will be a nice day.

We got in a nice long walk after dinner last night.  Almost 4 miles.  I must have been tired or something, because it kind of felt longer than that!   ;D

Dinner tonight is Burrito bowls.  We have some grilled chicken from dinner last night, so I won't have to make any more of that.  So, it will be a quick and easy fix tonight.  Brown rice, black beans and corn is all I will need to prepare.  Maybe I will grill up some veggies to go on top of it as well.  I made fresh salsa this weekend, so we have that we can use as well. 

Guess I have a pretty easy day ahead.  Sounds good to me!!
Hope to hear from some of you ladies as to what you are all doing these days!!
Pam
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:38:39 AM by pamgonzo »
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 08:36:04 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday was a productive day--I got the suitcases unpacked and put away, the laundry done, the lawn mowed and watered, the menu made and some house tidying done.

Today I will do grocery shopping and other errands.  I'm watering the lawn again--our front sprinkler system isn't working so we have to use hose and sprinkler.  So it got pretty dried out while we were gone.  My front flower bed looks like a forest--the weeds are so tall!  I will clean that out today too.

I also want to work on my office--I have a new job with a web startup company so I need to create a dedicated workspace.  I'll work on getting things cleaned up and organized before I start moving stuff around.

Christie's cooking dinner tonight so I don't have to!  Yay!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 08:57:41 AM »
I noticed my post from yesterday got lost. It never posted and I don't know why.

I gave a review on dad's birthday party. Lots of people and we got mom outside for a couple of hours. Then she was ready to go back in to her recliner.  The grill didn't start up right away so dad took a BLOW TORCH to get it started. That seems dangerous to me. I think he needs one of those clicker things instead!

I've got a busy week ahead of me. Work, meetings, volunteering, dr. appt. for mom, dentist. Just too much in one week.

With my family of four home for dinner every night, I get emails if they can get started with something for dinner. Problem is, I haven't made a plan yet! Hubby and I would wing it when we got home each night and never really made a plan. We had time to prep something and then let it cook while we did something else. Now, I have from 4:15 pm to 5:00 pm to have something ready so daughter can go to her evening class from 6 pm to 8 pm. Last night was a lasagna casserole with peas and tonight I have garlic, lemon, oil marinating a couple of chicken breasts. I told the kids to get it cooking at 3 pm so daughter could eat before class. They can come up with a side dish themselves.  They can make food themselves but they are respectful of my stuff and don't want to use something that I have planned for something else. I should just tell them to use anything they want because I LOVE coming home to a complete meal already prepared and ready to eat.

We've been having our evening walks and we've been doing 4.3 miles lately. We try for every evening that is not foul weather.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 09:42:20 AM »
Wow Merilee!  You really did get a lot done!  Good for you!

Alice: how nice to have dinner prep help!  You will just have to get into a routine with your new circumstances to make it flow for you all.  Enjoy it while you can! 
4.3 miles is a great walk!  We usually were doing 3 miles, but have upped it a little.  We either do 3 at a rapid pace, or 4 at a little slower pace.  Just depends on how we are feeling.  I could do farther, but I get bored, or start to think about all the other things that need to be done!

Glad to see you ladies!
Pam
Wife of 32 years