The Kitchen is the Heart of the Home > The Cook House

Share your best slow cooker recipes

<< < (2/2)

Rooney:
Hi Jennie. :)  I don't use a slow cooker, though I am considering getting an instantpot for this fall/winter.  A youtube channel I visit frequently does have lots of slow cooker recipes.  It used to be the Encouraging Homeschool Mom channel, but I think the food channel "spinoff" she has is Jamerill's Large Family Table.  She has slowcooker recipes for things like Broccoli Alfredo, Pulled BBQ Chicken, Cabbage Soup, Chicken Pot Pie, Italian Chicken, Fahitas, and more, I'm sure.  She is a large family mom, so all her recipes are things that kids would want to eat too.  So, if you are interested she is on Jamerills Large Family Table and just look into her slow cooker meals.  If you do a lot of freezer cooking, she has tons, I mean tons of videos on that too.
Sorry, I would put the actual link so you could just click on it, but this forum hasn't been allowing links to show up in my posts.
Lindsay

Alice:
I use my Instant Pot way more now than my slow cooker. Life is different now than 8 years ago when the kids were all at home and I was working and the instant pot craze wasn't happening yet.

Back then, I would just throw anything in the slow cooker and make it do for dinner. A roast with potatoes and carrots with some seasonings and a little flour tossed over the roast and dinner would be done by the time we all got home from school or work. Chicken thighs with chicken broth was a start to chicken and rice dinner. But the rice was cooked separately after we all got home.

Nowadays we only have 2 or 3 of us home for dinner and I choose not to think too much about tonight's dinner so I now reach for my IP and do the same thing--throw it all in and cook for much less time! I love it so much better and the foods taste wonderful. I often don't even remember to pull out meat from the freezer the night before so I am more often than not putting in frozen meat. That works well also.

Here's a few ideas that I like to make in both:

chicken noodle soup
baked potatoes
whole chicken
chicken and rice
scalloped potatoes and ham
wild rice and chicken soup
beef stew (no tomatoes)
BBQ ribs
beef roast
refried beans
vegetable hamburger barley soup

We also like the cookbook fix it and forget it. My daughter who lives in Honduras has a crockpot and since her oven/stove range doesn't work she cooks all her food in the crockpot. She meal plans for the entire week and on Saturday does all her cooking and then freezes a bunch and keeps a bunch ready to eat. She also only has a very small dorm sized refrigerator so she can't build a stock for a rotation. She asks me for advice A LOT so I just give her easy slow cooker recipes. I referred her slow cooker 365 (something like that) to look for recipes.

Alice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version