Author Topic: Thursday, January 29, 2015  (Read 1029 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, January 29, 2015
« on: January 29, 2015, 06:14:08 AM »
Good morning

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, January 29, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 06:55:09 AM »
Good morning, Janice and all after!

Sitting here with coffee.  Didn't have any yesterday as I was doing saliva cortisol and hormone testing.  Coffee is not excluded but you can't eat within two hours before each of the four tests, and I never worked in my coffee.  :(

Not hiking this morning.  It's only in the 50's which is normally great for hiking, but the winds are 20 mph with 30 mph gusts and that takes some of the fun out of it for me.  Besides, Max and I have a lunch date with an older friend, so this way I can get some things done in the morning first. 

Morgan and Mallory both start dance tonight, one clogging and one lyrical.  They are beyond excited.  Earl is going to take the boys and attend the school meeting about the possible closing of Maddy's school.  I would like to attend that but simply can't be in two places at once, sadly.

Dinner tonight is beef stew, going in the crockpot in a bit.  That way everyone can eat when they get a chance.

Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:21:49 AM »
Ugh my iPad died and I lost my post.  I am not sure what I have been busy doing but I have been busy ha.  Today Ashley and lane have games but Ashley's is away. My sister and SIL will go to that one.  Levi should have practice but is going to a friends birthday party in city swimming.  I will go back in and get him even though it will be late because otherwise they will see who can stay up the longest. Ugh.  He has game tomorrow at home yeah.  After outside chores I need to clean up my bleacher seats to use tonight. They are in garage and need freshened up.  I need to have something in crockpot tonight. I have been in such a slump cooking wise. Nothing turns out right then nothing sounds good.  I used to love to cook and just did it.  I have some hamburger thawed out now to get creative. Ha.

Catherine good luck on testing. Thinking of you
Winona glad to see you for a few more days.
Everyone enjoy the day

Janice

Offline Linda

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:51:03 AM »
Good Morning, very quite and relaxing day here... our temps are back down in the 50's and it dark and gloomy...and somewhat chilly out. Since the last several days were warm with high's in the upper 70's we have worked in the garden and cleaned up flower beds and such.. still have a very long way to go before they are all nice and tidy.....and i am so ready for a real tomato.... the ones at the store taste like... well they really don't have a taste, i miss my home grown ones... got the garden bug really bad...lol

Janice- think we all get in the cooking slump... sometimes i just get tired of having to figure out what is for each meal... Hang in there...

Catherine- hope your test went well...the kids are going to have so much fun..

Have a great day            Dinner tonight is frito pies...

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:05:19 AM »
Good morning ladies,
    I am sure going to miss coming here every day, but maybe it won't be for very long.  :-\ Yesterday was so nice. We had 70*. We both spent some time outside. The only drawback was the wind, but even that didn't dampen our outside adventures.  :) Today is such a different story. It is cloudy, the wind is howling at 35 to 40 miles an hour, and it is only 38*. Supposed to be even colder tomorrow and snow this weekend. It seems like every time we have unseasonably warm weather, it is followed by a snow storm.  ::) Just normal Missouri weather. LOL
   Please say a prayer for my former boss, Carolyn. The place where I worked has really become a nasty place to work thanks to a few of the workers, and Carolyn gave her notice yesterday. They have been so rotten to her lately. I am happy for her. She is 66 and it is time for her to retire. The same ones who were mean to me have turned on her. Of course they are friends with the director, so they get away with it. I think the place will end up shutting down. It is such a horrible working environment right now. You can just feel the tension in the air when you are there. I am so happy to be out of this mess.
   Catherine, I hope you find out what you need to know from the testing. Hang on to your hat because even stronger winds are coming your way.  :o
   Janice, I hope you have a good day. I am fixing gluten free spaghetti for us.  ;) I hope all your kids win their games.  :)
   Everyone have a wonderful day. If you are south and east of us, look out because some strong winds are pushing through.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 12:46:06 PM »
Well Winona, the wind has already made it's way over here. :P  As Winnie the Pooh would say, it is a very blustery day. :) Been gusting all morning long and still go'in strong!  Sure wish some of those 70 degree days would make their way over here!  We have our backyard fence to put back up, preferably before we get the garden area ready.  Need unfrozen ground to fence.  Been putting some major thought into what we will plant in the outdoor garden, as well as extra things to plant in greenhouse.  Zach is really getting into this.  The Territorial Seed Catalog and Annie's Heirloom came in the other day and he is going through it making a list of what he thinks would taste good, which seems to be about everything. lol :)  He is quite the little gardener!  I came up with some new stuff I want to try as well. 

Both hubby and I have been under the weather this week.  Something with chills, a cough and major sinus drainage.  Sinus drainage always lead to throwing up for me, so.....FUN FUN. :P  We both feel a bit better today, so hopefully we are on the mend and none of the kids will get it. Once one gets it, they all get it and give it back and forth, so probably wishful thinking.

I am also in the don't wanna cook funk, Janice.  Don't wanna cook and don't wanna eat.  Tonight the kids have requested pizzas.  That actually doesn't sound too bad.  I will fix veggie pizzas and a big salad.  This pizza crust I am using is so thick and filling that I don't need to make anything extra other than the salad.

Unfortunately the washing machines are calling my name and so is this HUGE pile of clean clothes that need to be folded and put away.  You all have a good day.

Lindsay

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:27 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies.

I'm taking a break and wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing.  Not much happening here today.  Laundry, cleaning, cooking and listening to music.

Some friends are in a band and their debut CD came out this week so I am listening to it.  Its amazing.  Currently, its #5 on the christian albums chart.   Very excited for them!

Going to the gym later today.. light workout today. 

Its day 29 of the Whole 30 and I am ready to be done, LOL.