Author Topic: Thursday, January 14th, 2016  (Read 1298 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Thursday, January 14th, 2016
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:02:55 AM »
Good morning!

Busy day in our household.  8:40 orthodontist appointment for Maddy.  I will go help in Micah's class as soon as I take him and the other elementary kids to school.  Then come home and get the foster dog and take him for his shots.  The HS arranged for him to be professionally groomed and that's at 2:30 today, though I can drop him off early.  Morgan's dance class will be early today, at 4:30, due to Mallory having an orchestra concert t 6.  Trying to figure out dinner in there somewhere.

Other than that, I need to do a load of laundry, some general picking up, a few kitchen tasks (bottling one batch of chicken broth and starting another, and probably a quick Aldi run so I don't have to go this weekend.  Really need to lift weights as I didn't get to it Tuesday.

Have a wonderful day!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, January 14th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 07:23:16 AM »
Good morning!

It's starting to snow a little and is supposed to snow all day. 

I have an appointment at 10, then I'll be home til 7:30 tonight, when I have another appointment.

No twins today (they're with their grandmother) so I have the whole day to get things done.

I mentioned on another daily thread that I had been called to be the president of my women's organization at church and would be spending a lot of time on the phone. I use a videophone (similar concept to Skype) and since both parties are signing, I can't move around and talk like you all do.  :)  Our office is also my creative space and I have a card table set up for sewing.  So I was thinking I'd take it down and create a little play space for Nathan to use while I'm making phone calls.  I did get started on that yesterday but after pulling out everything, I'm having second thoughts about it.  There's just SO MUCH fabric and I'm not sure where I'd put it.  So I'm thinking I'll organize the fabric better and pull out some of the projects that I can work on this month, then clean up the rest of the office and Nathan can play in the middle of the floor.  It'll be OK if he doesn't leave his toys in there.  I'll find a basket or other container he can use to carry his toys so they do get taken back to the playroom.

Today I'm going to work on getting things picked up and put away.  Then tomorrow and/or Saturday the family can help with the dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 07:48:04 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone is off to a great start.  I am still fighting off this cold, but am feeling a little better.  Haven't gotten much accomplished these past few days.  Today I really need to push through and get to the things that I have been letting go.

Hubby will be in and out most of the day, and then out of town for work later and overnight.  So, I can just do leftovers for dinner since I will be on my own. 

It is still quite cold here, but I don't think we are in for any significant snowfall.

Tomorrow we are going to a concert and staying out of town over until Saturday.  We will be in College son's town, so we will get a chance to connect with him a little bit.  That will be nice.

Have a great day ladies!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:15:09 AM »
Good morning

Lane has a 3day basketball tourney about an hour away.  We might get 2 kids out early then head to his game then leave there and go to Levis game another hour from there.  Keeping the road hot.  So after chores I will do a little at the house before we head out.  We have company right now wanting to get straw and then another neighbor just called to borrow plasma cutter.  Amazing no one ever has anything and we are always expected to provide for everyone else.  I really shouldn't sound like that because I love to help people out. But i love helping people who really need it like someone who is sick or just needs the help but won't ask for it. But the people that always need something and give nothing in return.  Ugh. They don't help anyone out.  Enough of my rant.  I keep thinking of this girl that is waiting for new lungs and her family works hard I help them out whenever .  Or another family battling cancer.  These kind of people are who I like to help.   

Better run only have washer going and not dishwasher and need to head out the door.

Coffee on the run
Janice

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 09:01:11 AM »
Good Morning, i am making it here before night time.lol... The weather here is nuts 56 today and 20 tomorrow.. so since its so nice out i will get the mower out and work on mulching up the leaves in the front yard. Never thought i would be mowing in January...
 Gary is home and we are headed to let the neighbor's dogs out... Never had a dog hate me, but this one does... bringing treats with me...
Have a good day.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 09:37:26 AM »
Good morning ladies,

It is good to be back. I posted a very long update in 'anything goes' a while ago. I am off the next 2 days. It is going to be so beautiful here today that I want to get out and do something. I need to make a quick run to Savannah. I have 4 birthdays coming up and need to pick up special cards them.  ;D We are supposed to have highs in the 50s today and then back down to the 20s. That is winter in Missouri. LOL
   I have had a bad cold but I am doing better. I hope to shake this by next week. I think I will drag the garden seeds out and see what we have. Kevin is talking about ordering seeds, but I want to use what we have it we have the what we need.
   I hope everyone has a very good day. Talk to you all later.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
Winona you made it  :)  :)  :)  So good to see you back here.

My cold, yes I have it Winona lol, seems to be a bit better today so here's hoping.

Went and fueled my bus this morning, filled the washer fluid on it, then filled it in Alana's car and now it's snowing. Just one more day to work thank goodness.

Alana is back tonight late so Zachary and Roxy probably won't be home till tomorrow. Alana leaves again for Winnipeg next week but usually is only gone a day and a bit so we just run up then to feed the cat etc.

Easy supper for me tonight. I made chicken thighs in bbq sauce in my slowcooker yesterday then shredded it and had it on a homemade bun. That's what I'll have tonight so no fuss or muss for me which is great.

Sis, I thought all animals loved you  ;) I'd be bringing treats too lol

Have a great day everyone!
Laurie
Many hands make light work