Author Topic: Wednesday, April 5, 2017  (Read 795 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:32:13 AM »
Good Morning,

Here we go again. Winter is coming again in the next few hours. It will start with rain today and then move into snow. I believe I heard we could get 6 inches of rain before it's over sometime into Thursday. I thought we were heading towards spring but apparently not yet.

We been so busy at night that we're glad to have leftovers. The only thing I have left is some deboned chicken. What can I do with that tonight? I did make my Instant Pot steel cut oats last night so we can have those for the rest of the week for breakfast. I need to make some yogurt tonight. I did buy milk for that and I want to try to make some vanilla flavored.

I'm ready to get back to normal. Still have workers finishing their projects so maybe by tonight. We almost missed our walk last night but in the end chose to do at least a short walk rather than none at all. We have to keep my legs from hurting so the best thing is to just continue. I probably won't see another walk until "winter" goes away.

That's it for me. How's is your day looking?

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:24:25 AM »
Good morning!

Boy, I'm feeling sore today!  I did get the garage done and my husband and son got the tree branches cut down and moved.  So that made for a very successful day.  There are some organizational projects still to do in the garage but the main cleanup, setting up the new shelf unit and getting things on the shelves is done. 

My parents are coming down today with their truck to help with some hauling.  Not sure how long they'll be here--guess it depends on how long it takes to haul the branches to green waste and other stuff. 

In the meantime, I'm working on my house. I'll do laundry, finish some ironing and get a shopping list made.  I might have to wait till tomorrow to shop but at least the list will be ready. :)

Alice, sorry you're still dealing with winter weather.  In April, we're all ready for spring, right? Hope it passes quickly.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!

My day has been a normal Wednesday for me.  Weight Watchers meeting (where I weighed in at goal, so I don't have to pay at all during April - yay!)  Walking and lunch with my friend.  We walked 4 1/2 miles in the skywalk.  It was a good walk, but I am more than ready to walk outside again!  No such luck today since it is raining. 

I was going to stop at Aldi to check out their meat special that starts on Wednesdays, because they have a pork sirloin roast for 1.99#.  The rain just made me decide to head home instead.  I might check in and see if they still have some tomorrow, but it isn't imperative for me to get some. 

Both of you ladies sound like you are making progress on your projects!  Good for you!  I need to think about some things that need to be done around here.  Hubs has a big project that will take him out of town for several days, so I should plan on getting some things worked at around here.  There are so many things to do, I just don't know where to start!  If I make a list of all the possible projects, maybe I can sort through and see which I can get done. 

This afternoon is going to be just general picking up and finishing a few small things that are half done.  Shouldn't take too long.

It is the kind of day that calls for a cup of tea and a good book!  Hoping I can get to that at some point!

Hope everyone has a great rest of your day and evening!
Pam 
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25